Burgess Hill Model Railway Club Exhibition - 15 May 2010

bcnPete

• RMweb Gold

I would just like to post details of the Burgess Hill Model Railway Club Annual exhibition. It's advertised in the Railway Modeller but I did not see it posted on the RMWeb to date. I shall be 'flying in' from Barcelona with Boxfile Kyle in my hand luggage so any RMWebbers from the forum, please come and say hello.

Details as follows:

Date - Saturday 15 May 2010

Open - 10.00am to 16.30pm

Venue - Burgess Hill School for Girls, Keymer Road, Burgess Hill, West Sussex, RH15 0EG. (approximately 5 minutes walk from Burgess Hill Railway station)

Layouts as follows:

Vintage Trains

OO - Hornby

Westchurch

2mm N - Sheppy Light Railway 1960

Kyle in a Box File

2mm FineScale - Scottish 1980s

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/283/entry-1259-boxfile-kyle-2mmfs/

Hedge Lane

3mm TT - SR 1950/60s

Hoath Hill Halt

3mm TT - SR late 1960s

Tre Ponti

3.5mm HO - Italian modern

The Trench

4mm OO9 - WW1

Wells Green TMD

4mm OO - Crewe 2002-06

http://www.wellsgreen-tmd.co.uk/

Castle Junction

7mm O - BR 1950/60s

Lake George and Boulder

G - Freelance

Camas Orainn

G-N15 - Freelance

Traders:

Martells - RTR new

Railroad Trading - Books

Model Enhancements - Lighting

David Berry - RTR second hand

Page Components - Tools, modelling accessories

Falcon Figures - Model figures

http://www.burgesshillmrc.org.uk/

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Pete,

Thanks for the post.... I was accosted in Burgess Hill this Saturday by two kindly gentlemen advertising this event; I was surprised to see it advertised so soon – thinking that it was usually held in June, and often on the same date as the Bluebell Railway’s AGM (I thought that it wasn’t a coincidence)… but not so this year. Having had clearance from the boss…. I’ll be there with one or two of my lads in tow.

• RMweb Gold

Another enjoyable Exhibition again this year - my own layout, (Kyle in a boxfile) had a few teething problems which I will post about on my blog but I managed a quick tour pre and post the show and saw a nice collection of quality layouts.

Well done to Chris Reeve for the organisation - as an Exhibitor, I was very well looked after. Thank you.

Next year will be the 60 year anniversary of the BHMRC so I understand that a larger exhibition is currently being planned.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Dear all,

Thank you for the comments about the BHMRC exhibition. I am pleased our exhibitors were well looked after, and look forward to seeing you next year!

The exhibition, being held in a school has certain constraints placed upon it, like being unable to hold it after about May 18 due to exams being held. Hence next years exhibition (as Pete has said) will be held on May 14 2011, same venue. As it will be our 60th anniversary exhibition it will be a larger event - keep looking for further details.

Your comments are noted concerning the advertising on our web site (and the model railway press). There have been other comments received along the same lines and I would definitely like to see more detail about who is exhibiting on it.

Thank you for taking the trouble to let us know. I hope they will be improved upon for next year.

Christopher Reeve (BHMRC Exhibition Manager)

Archived