Wycrail Exhibition - 6th November - High Wycombe

Graham_Muz

• RMweb Gold

All aboard the 2.15pm Service from Bleakhouse Road to Combwich! A unique Somerset and Dorset train service will operate at this years Wycrail exhibition on Saturday 6th November.

The 37th annual model railway exhibition organised by the High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society, on Saturday 6th November is being held at:

John Hampden Grammar School

Marlow Hill

High Wycombe

Bucks HP11 1SZ

Open 10am till 5pm

This year will see two well known Somerset & Dorset Joint Railway layouts come together under the same roof for the very first time! After several years of eager anticipation and discussion, the High Wycombe and District Model Railway Society have created a rare opportunity for this overdue pairing of layouts to at last become reality - but only for one day! On the day, the highlight will be the anticipated passing of passenger and goods trains between Bleakhouse Road - Tim Maddocks' (CK) fine portrayal of the Somerset Levels and Combwich - Chris Nevard's exhibition shy, but web famous, layout based on the banks of the River Parrett.

Over 20 high quality and inspirational model railway layouts will be attending, of both British and continental outline and in a wide range of scales and gauges including N, 3mm, 00, H0, EM, P4, 0 and narrow gauges.

As well as the aforementioned, layouts exhibiting are: :

Oxendale Junction,

Stony Lane Depot,

Ashcombe,

Purbeck ,

East Street Wharf,

Neham Goods,

Hayesden,

Flockburgh,

Nugatory Basin,

Wiggenhall Road Depot,

Mytchett Green Tramway,

Egypt Brewery,

Gas Lane,

Keyhaven Quay (some of you may know that one),

Schloss Adler,

Smrzovka,

Gamle Carlsberg,

Mason's Bridge yard,

Pine Bluff's & Ceda Falls,

Prospect Valley.

Full trade support will be present ranging from tools, kits, electronic components, R-T-R models to books and also includes the Hornby Hobbies roadshow. Our very own leader will be in attendance with the RMweb stand too.

Mike Wild, Editor of Hornby Magazine is also attending with his Bay Street Shed layout and the Hornby Magazine stand.

A free vintage bus service is once again being operated from the Railway Station and Town Centre to John Hampden Grammar School. The bus service will depart from Wycombe Railway Station on the hour between 10:00 and 16:00. Return journeys will depart John Hampden Grammar School every hour between 10:30 and 15:30 with the final two journeys departing at 16:25 and 17:05 immediately after the show closes.

• RMweb Gold

All aboard the 2.15pm Service from Bleakhouse Road to Combwich! A unique Somerset and Dorset train service will operate at this years Wycrail exhibition on Saturday 6th November.

Oh, that's torn it, I was planning on operating the service using a Class 15, a couple of J72s and 'Kestrel' for a change... ;) ;) :lol: :P

Oh, that's torn it, I was planning on operating the service using a Class 15, a couple of J72s and 'Kestrel' for a change... ;) ;) :lol: :P

Hi,

I thought that was the normal S&D service in those days :P :lol:

I will be helping to steward, looking forward to seeing a few RMwebbers!

Unfortunatly I've doubled booked myself for the Friday Night Set up (there by missing all the work! ;) )

Simon

Heck, there's no getting out of this now with Combwich. It dawned on me that the layout is 30 years old now (but was widened, lengthened and had a major revamp 2000-2004) and that it hasn't been out for 6 years - I'd better pull my thumb out seeing it's only about 6 weeks.

Ext-link to layout page http://www.nevardmedia5.fotopic.net/c206443.html

post-6681-055690100 1286006055_thumb.jpg

post-6681-001753500 1286006016_thumb.jpg

post-6681-046661600 1286005989_thumb.jpg

post-6681-051429400 1286005961_thumb.jpg

#UPDATED POST Sat 2 Oct# - new images

Thanks Samuel, you're always welcome to play trains (as is everyone else if they're up for a challenge)! The 153 is I imagine just the sort of thing that would have run on these lines should Dr Beeching not have come along.

Looking at the excellent rundown of layouts and then having a look through some of the layouts I've snapped (pics copyright me and Hornby Mag so do not repost).....

Grahame Hedges' excellent Stoney Lane Depot....

post-6681-095496300 1286005327_thumb.jpg

post-6681-023514400 1286006294_thumb.jpg

post-6681-068905800 1286006380_thumb.jpg

Robert Vaughan's Gas Lane.....

post-6681-030150100 1286005623_thumb.jpg

post-6681-047659800 1286005566_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Thanks to Andy Y for allowing the banner ads on the site and to Chris N for his, as ever great, photography giving a taster of some of the layouts visitors can expect to see at the show.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, well it looks like I'll be there as my layout is going, although at the moment I'm on the other side of the world. So, see you all there? That's if anyone wants to come and stare at my grubby little layout. I'll even be taking a few copies of my N'spirations booklet for sale - perhaps someone might be interested in buying a copy. But at least I'll get a look around at the show - it's always busy and interesting.

G.

PUSH :D

With less than 2 weeks to go now, a couple more snaps to show a little more what's in store in the form of our very own CK's Bleakhouse Road. It's hoped to run the odd train between the Captain's wonderful portrayal of the Somerset Levels and my dusty old trainset. At this stage quite how it will happen is open to question, but the most likely outcome will utilise a flying cassette between fiddle yards.....

post-6681-047034000 1288000121_thumb.jpg

Bleakhouse Road - pic copyright Chris Nevard/Hornby Mag - please to not repost.

post-6681-044999000 1288000097_thumb.jpg

Bleakhouse Road - pic copyright Chris Nevard/Hornby Mag - please to not repost.

*BUMP*

One week to go until you can see Messrs Nevard's and Maddock's layouts combined and also Messr's Yorke's and Wild's layouts all under one roof.

High Wycombe & District Model Railway Society are looking forward to seeing as many of you RMwebbers as possible at Wycrail '10 on Saturday 6th November.

Don't forget that there is a FREE Routemaster Bus Service running from High Wycombe station (Chiltern Railways). This leaves the station every hour, on the hour, from 10am. There are some major works being undertaken at and around the station at the moment, so please check around for the actual bus departure point. Chiltern will be providing us with some more precise details of the works nearer the time and these will be posted as soon as we have them.

The four layouts mentioned above feature amongst the 25 layouts on offer and along with a selection of 15 or so traders, a couple of demonstrations and our usual excellent catering, including the amazing selection of cakes, we are looking forward to a great day.

Please come along and see us - you will be made most welcome.

Hmm, I'm strongly tempted. At an hour and a half drive it's a bit outside my normal range for an exhibition, but then again I'd go to Oxford without a second thought and High Wycombe is only a bit further down the M40... Does anyone have a vacancy for a relief operator? If I can say that I'm going to be lending a hand then it will be easier to negotiate a day release with SWMBO rolleyes.gif

Hmm, I'm strongly tempted. At an hour and a half drive it's a bit outside my normal range for an exhibition, but then again I'd go to Oxford without a second thought and High Wycombe is only a bit further down the M40... Does anyone have a vacancy for a relief operator? If I can say that I'm going to be lending a hand then it will be easier to negotiate a day release with SWMBO rolleyes.gif

Are you 3 link savvy (mad will do)?

• RMweb Gold

I have to confess that I've never used 3 links in my life! I am, possibly, slightly mad though rolleyes.gif

No-one told me about 3-links! oh well, another new thing for me :lol: :lol:

EDIT: note to self, read PMs thoroughly, Mr Nevard did indeed inform me of the 3-links ages ago - Doh! :rolleyes:

our usual excellent catering, including the amazing selection of cakes

Hi,

In fact, run by my mum :)

Anyway, Wycrail is now only 5 days away, hope to see RMwebbers there! I'll be running a small shunting plank and the childrens have a go layout!

See you on Saturday!

Simon

Archived