Dapol Class 21/29

spackz

ADMIN EDIT: Dapol announced at Warley:

clarification on our announcements of today;

Class 21/29 work is already unbderway on these OO gauge models and as with the class 22 project any help from you guys would be gratefully received with regards pictures etc.

(See also here in this topic)

Hello Dapol Dave,

That is some excellent news about the class 21's I will be purchasing a couple if the initial production models in all over green as seen in London are included, I like many on here have been waiting for this news for years. Baby Deltic will have some good information on the NBL 21's, he advised me on some good books will colour pics. Hope this helps.

Regars Paul

Guest Max Stafford

Another vote for the 21/29. You've no idea how welcome an up-to date model of this ScR signature type is Dave. Thanks! :)

Dave.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

glad we seem to have made peoples day with this announcement ;)

We have started cad/cam work on it using the dimensions we know of, but like the class 22 it will take help (which i'm not afraid to ask for) and a little time.

Having said that it is being 'fast tracked' if you will excuse the pun for 2011.

so if any of you can help with anything from dimensions of bodyside grilles (yes we are missing that crucial one) to pictures of the class in service (oh for a time machine and access to Woodhams) then we would be very grateful.

Like all our recent projects of this ilk, i will keep you posted, and try and update things when i think its worth it, but rest assured it wont be a 2 year burnt down factory, and start from scratch job like the 22 :lol:

Cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Guest Max Stafford

No Neil, they all went north in 1959-60. Yellow panels didn't become commonplace until mid 1963.

Dave.

Did any receive yellow panels before they were sent to Scotland?

• Like 1

Dave,

Many thanks for undertaking production of this model, great news.

Just to clarify, are you planning to release both CL21 and 29 variants? The reason I ask, is I believe your CL22 is the later modified version only i.e. with split headcode boxes. I model the ' plain green' period, so I'm hoping for an 'as delivered' version - well two actually! Thanks.

Hi,

as with the class 22, we are putting slides into the tool to allow us to model most, if not all, class 21 + 29 variants.

hope this helps?

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

You naughty naughty man :lol:

By this could get expensive......................

Hi,

as with the class 22, we are putting slides into the tool to allow us to model most, if not all, class 21 + 29 variants.

hope this helps?

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

Here's hoping that this includes the sliding window/tablet catcher variant! I'll keep working on my Hornby conversion just to spur things along though ;)

Cheers,

David

Hi,

hope this helps?

cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd

You're a star Dave!

I might as well initiate divorce proceedings now as SWMBO will not stand another winter of discontent without food and heat in order to fund my 'habit' - CL21 (2), DP2, Sentinel (2) and the list just keeps growing...........

We have started cad/cam work on it using the dimensions we know of, but like the class 22 it will take help (which i'm not afraid to ask for) and a little time.

so if any of you can help with anything from dimensions of bodyside grilles (yes we are missing that crucial one) to pictures of the class in service (oh for a time machine and access to Woodhams) then we would be very grateful.

Dave

This book contains many photos of the class at various dates. Probably the most comprehensive collection from one source. It will at least help you to avoid errors in getting the right dates for the painting of yellow end panels. :D

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/22003-br-diesel-traction-in-scotland/

Bernard

With the recent release of the Craven DMU and Class 15, and the release of the W&M railbus, Derby light-weight DMU and now Class 21 due next year, the East Anglia railway modeller is well served for diesel power. (just need a few GE steam locos!)

In respect of the Class 21, when new, D6110-9 were allocated to 30A Stratford and D6120-37 to 32B Ipswich.

Dr Ian C Allen took a number of photos of the Class 21 in East Anglia, albeit on the list at http://www.transport...collection.html only one is shown, "ref D498 D6124 tn frt Beccles". Additional photos are in his book Diesels in East Anglia ISBN 86093 106 5 (1980)

The pilot batch D6100-9 when new being allocated to Hornsey.

Paul

Well happy and annoyed all at the same time. Paid a small premium at Halifax for a second hand Hornby 29 to detail up and run on Eskmuir but delighted that I will be able to replace this with modern 29 and also with a plain green 21 as well B)

Anyone for creating a sound chip of fitters throwing spanners and cursing so I can park one on the depot :rolleyes:

Causes me an expensive problem this one! I already have a pair of Hornby 21's, which I wish to replace. Thing is, I want them as before, D6110/12 as seen on delivery as light engines through Cambridge, with the communication doors connected. With the Hornby pair, I used the motor bogie elsewhere. Any chance that Dapol will do a dummy loco cheaper for the 2nd one I wonder?

Oh Dear!

After George C O'Hara's new book, followed by Bruce Springsteen's The Promise (other music is available) I almost posted on RMweb that the pre- Christmas treats could not possibly get any better and that if Dapol Dave were to announce a Class 29 I would have to take myself to a darkened room and implode with joy.

I am about to remove myself to said room, Bruce is singing and joyous implosion is due.

Many Thanks Dapol Dave.

Kind Regards,

Stewart.

Just wondering. Is the 21/29 going to be a limited edition run like the 22 being produced for Kernow or will it be general availability?

Hi David,

not sure where you got that info from but the class 22 is for all stockists who want to order it, and so will the 21/29 be :D

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dave

Dapol Ltd