Cornwall Narrow-Gauge Expo, Sat 26th March

DLT

• RMweb Premium

Coming soon is THE CORNWALL NARROW GAUGE EXPO

This is a new Exhibition venture, taking place on Saturday March 26th, 10am – 4pm

At Threemilestone Community Centre, near Truro, TR3 6DP. Entrance £3

All main scales are represented, ten layouts in total. There will be Trade support, plus 009 Society sales-stand, and refreshments.

All the best, Dave.T

• 1 month later...

Struth, it's a week today, must get a domestic pass-out sorted .......

And while you're at it Sandy, I need your Penlan copy for the Three Spires Railex programme :D

Steve

I'm surprised that you have narrow gauge in that part of the country!?!

I'd have thought you would have had broad gauge instead!;) :lol: :lol:

Unless, of course - you mean that new fangled narrow gauge of 4' 8 1/2":D

Seriously, Hope it goes well for you guys!

Cheers,

John E.

I'm surprised that you have narrow gauge in that part of the country!?!....

Not only that but proper steam power as well :-

In Redruth in 1784 the Scot, William Murdoch, built a small steam powered model, which was the first vehicle to run under steam powerl.

The Cornish engineer, Richard Trevithick, built a steam road carriage in 1801, and ran it in Camborne - still celebrated every year now.

He then went on to develop steam for railway use as at Penydarren in South Wales in 1803.

The PLAN is settled for tomorrow morning, Kernow Models in Camborne, MacSalvors, Redruth, then the party splits, me to the exhibition, the rest to Matalan, The Range and then meet up for the return to the far west, where men are men and the women......ohmy.gif

• RMweb Gold

This was a great little show, plenty of room, some very nice layouts and the 009 society trade stand.

So, first up a big thanks to DLT for letting my youngest son spend a couple of hours operating Bridport.

post-7025-0-32866300-1301167857_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-50056900-1301167879_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-93398100-1301167906_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-94284500-1301167941_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-81685200-1301167964_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-06703300-1301168029_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-78035600-1301168068_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-74959400-1301168099_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-37502700-1301168173_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-55693500-1301168228_thumb.jpg

post-7025-0-83177400-1301168255_thumb.jpg

Have to agree with you there Stubby, unfortunately I had to leave just as you arrived, so no chance to discourse.

Bridport was worth the visit and I did like Dave's signal operating system. The other layouts where interesting too.

Hopefully the organisers deemed it a success and will run another one next year.

The hall is comfortable for a small show, there was plenty of room to move around and no large windows to cause heat problems on the layouts.

The catering was very reasonably priced too,

SWMBO and I had 1 x coffee, 1 x Tea, 1 x Ham sandwich with token salad, 1 x Egg & Cress sandwich with token salad and a buttered hot X bun all for £3.10p biggrin.gif

Unfortunately at the time they had run out of Bacon Butties which I believe had been a £1 each.....angry.gif

I suppose the only other comment I would make is, that if DLT hadn't mentioned it on here (It wasn't on a couple of the other Model Railway related Forums I occasionally visit), I would have missed it, granted it was in this weeks 'Cornishman' weekly newspaper, which my mother-in-law told me about this morning, it of course was probably in the 009NG press, but that's not my ........

• RMweb Premium

This was a great little show, plenty of room, some very nice layouts and the 009 society trade stand.

So, first up a big thanks to DLT for letting my youngest son spend a couple of hours operating Bridport.

Hi Stubby,

On the contrary, thankyou for letting us "borrow" him! He picked up the operation of it very quickly and after a while looked like he'd been at it for ages. It gave us a bit of time off, and I had the chance to actually watch the layout myself.

Some interesting photos there, you've found several positions and angles that hadnt occured to me; I'll have to investigate with my own camera.

Good to meet you, and I hope to catch up with you at Taunton.

All the best,

Dave.

• RMweb Premium

Have to agree with you there Stubby, unfortunately I had to leave just as you arrived, so no chance to discourse.

Bridport was worth the visit and I did like Dave's signal operating system. The other layouts where interesting too.

Hopefully the organisers deemed it a success and will run another one next year.

The hall is comfortable for a small show, there was plenty of room to move around and no large windows to cause heat problems on the layouts.

The catering was very reasonably priced too,

SWMBO and I had 1 x coffee, 1 x Tea, 1 x Ham sandwich with token salad, 1 x Egg & Cress sandwich with token salad and a buttered hot X bun all for £3.10p biggrin.gif

Unfortunately at the time they had run out of Bacon Butties which I believe had been a £1 each.....angry.gif

I suppose the only other comment I would make is, that if DLT hadn't mentioned it on here (It wasn't on a couple of the other Model Railway related Forums I occasionally visit), I would have missed it, granted it was in this weeks 'Cornishman' weekly newspaper, which my mother-in-law told me about this morning, it of course was probably in the 009NG press, but that's not my ........

Hi Penlan,

Glad you could make it, it was good to meet you again.

I agree with all you say about the show, I thought it was excellent. The organisers were all smiling at the end of the day and deemed it a success, they're already planning for next year.

Access wise the venue was easy to find, with no traffic problems. Not sure about public transport, but I presume theres a good bus service from Truro City Centre?

I did suggest to them that an internet presence is an essential now for information and publicity purposes. I've announced it on this and other forums/egroups that I'm on, but apart from a mention on the 009 Society website, I've not seen it anywhere else.

And by the way, the bacon butties were excellent, especially at breakfast time.

All the best,

Dave.

Archived