Chivers N gauge BBA Kit

finelines

• RMweb Premium

Following the Article in the December BRM about building our N gauge BBA kit we did an audit of the spare parts to see if we could make up some kits. Unbeknown to me, as I was withdrawing my N gauge, this article was going to press, how often have you read an article only to find you can??™t get the kit? I felt I should do something about it.

As it turns out there are enough with a little bit of work to produce a worthwhile number. We are expecting that we will get a batch to Nick and Yvonne at Rural Railways in time for the NEC this weekend.

The kits do not include wheels and couplings, have whitemetal buffers and will be priced at ??9.50. We have used up supplies of our own coupling box, but I have included instructions how to modify the Peco box to fit onto our bogies.

I will be monitoring the sales of this kit to see if it is successful.

Roger

Hello Roger

This is good news. Will this kit be available from the N gauge society shop as well? It would be easier to order and pay for me, I think.

Unfortunately I don't have access to the BRM here in germany...

Thanks

Mac

• RMweb Premium

I understand my previous message could be misread, so here??™s a recap.

In response to the excellent article about my N gauge BBA in the December BRM I have put together a number of Kits.

These kits are available direct from us.

For those that prefer to buy at exhibitions a batch will be posted to Rural Railways today so that there will be some at the NEC.

Our local Model Shop, Transport Models, will probably have them on their website/eBay.

This is not a return to selling N gauge, it is a one-off. I would guess that slightly over 1/3 have been sold already.

Roger

I am astonished what a poor seller the LNER Horsebox has been.

Roger

If you have any left, Roger, I'll take two off your hands. I ordered three from the NGS shop just before you decided to withdraw the 'N' range, but they were only able to supply one, unfortunately.

Kevin

If you have any left, Roger, I'll take two off your hands. I ordered three from the NGS shop just before you decided to withdraw the 'N' range, but they were only able to supply one, unfortunately.

Kevin

So you??™re the one. I too sent in an order to the NGS as soon as I read that Chivers was going out of N gauge. Pipped at the post! Serves me right for waiting so long! Isn??™t it always the way. I??™d only just discovered a photo showing some LNER horseboxes at Sturminster, and now I can??™t get any. If you??™re reading this Roger, I would like 4, or even 5 or 6, but ..........................

Its a shame you no longer do N Roger, and the article has come at the right time (leading the temporary re-instatement of the kit) for me. money be in the post next week for a reasonable sized order,

I will required more in the near future. Unfortunatly I am to skint to buy all 22 wagons in one hit,are you able to supply kits as required?

Giles

• RMweb Premium

We withdrew our N gauge (and other parts of the range) because we were giving poor service and something had to give.

The reintroduction the BBA on a limited basis was an impulse decision when I saw the excellent article about the kit in the BRM. Although it was only announced on Monday it has gone rather well.

I have now had time to think about it, when you limit production you either have to do it by number or time. I have decided to limit this to orders received before the end of February.

At that time I will decide whether to make another of my kits available on this basis. There is no need to start a wish list, I already know which are the most wanted.

Roger

• RMweb Gold

We withdrew our N gauge (and other parts of the range) because we were giving poor service and something had to give.

The reintroduction the BBA on a limited basis was an impulse decision when I saw the excellent article about the kit in the BRM. Although it was only announced on Monday it has gone rather well.

I have now had time to think about it, when you limit production you either have to do it by number or time. I have decided to limit this to orders received before the end of February.

At that time I will decide whether to make another of my kits available on this basis. There is no need to start a wish list, I already know which are the most wanted.

Roger

Hi Roger,

Hopefully this new policy will work well for you and enable you to work to the high standards that you set yourself for delivery of orders generally.

I know that through the DEMU connectiuons up in Scotland that several of us want stuff from your range in N.

Unfortunately - the BBA wasn't our main interest!

However, given the great article in BRM, your decision to produce it again is understandable.

I think I need to send my OTA article in and see if that produces the same sort of response!

Thanks anyway - now waiting in anticipation and hope for future re-releases.

We have used up supplies of our own coupling box, but I have included instructions how to modify the Peco box to fit onto our bogies.

Roger

Roger,

Are the Peco coupling boxes available individually, or are they something that I'm going to have to hack off from a donor model?

Thanks,

Christian.

Archived