Posted by Steve Stubbs , 31 May 2012 - · 882 views
Having run up against the Law of Sod, I powered up Templot to see what could be done with the under floor clashes caused by moving to sub-board turnout operating units instead of wire in a tube on the surface.. Clearly moving a couple of turnouts either left or right a few inches would cure the immediate problem, so I did that and then printed up a full...
Posted by Steve Stubbs , 20 May 2012 - · 966 views
The first uncompleted version of Staplegrove Road used wire-in-tube for turnouts, the nylon / neoprene tube runs being glued into routed tracks on the top surface of the boards, and the slide switches operating them and the vee switching being set into the edge. But the edge mounting of the switches compromised the location of proposed low-relief...
Posted by Steve Stubbs , 15 May 2012 - · 853 views
Todays effort has been to print up a full size Templot run of the revised trackplan and UHU it all together. This is because I need to check that the under-board turnout operation units, which will replace the wire-in-tube of the original, will fit in the spaces available; also to plan where isolation breaks, electrical sectioning, track feeds and the...
Posted by Steve Stubbs , 13 May 2012 - · 752 views
About a dozen years ago I attended a meeting of the NE area group of the 2mm Association where someone had on display a tiny shunting layout built onto an IKEA two drawer unit. Whist lt was too small for my liking, I noticed it was bult on top of a 2-drawer IKEA unit, about 80 cms by 28 cms, and which seemed to be built of a high grade 7-ply birch...
members, guests, anonymous users
Search My Blog
My Friends' Blogs
bcnPete24 Sep 2017 - 15:54
nick_bastable18 May 2017 - 09:28
PAL05 Mar 2017 - 09:10
Drawed30 Nov 2016 - 08:15
modfather29 Nov 2016 - 17:39