Yesterday I took all of my various Hayle related bits and pieces to the Supermeet/Skills day at Chelford. It was a great day but it's fair to say that I was ready for some sleep by the time I got home again.
I got a bunch of my research photos printed by one of the online companies. I hadn't actually realised just how many I'd managed to hoover up while researching Hayle. The ones that fitted into the display hangers were probably less than half of the ones printed... and there were still a good few that I did not print.
Apart from being an opportunity to have an enjoyable day rabbiting on about my own interests to anyone willing to listen it was also a good chance to see how the shunting tractor performed over the course of a full day's operation. It was still working at packing up time so there were no major breakages although it did exhibit some rather odd behaviour late in the afternoon that will probably be tricky to pin down because I predict that it will perform perfectly when I try to make it do the same thing back at base. I wired up the 'main line' for locomotive operation on the day before the show but lots of people were asking questions about how it works so the lid was being lifted frequently and the loco didn't spend much time actually being used.
Laurie Adams spent a good while chatting about shunting tractors so it was great to compare notes. Laurie and a few other people had a go at driving and quite a few people declined to have a go when offered.
I also picked up another Worsley Works class 22 kit from Mr Doherty... and found a third for a very reasonable sum on the bring and buy stand.