Jump to content




One side done



Copyright

(c) 2012 Ivan Tan

One side done

Saw off the rest of what had been the Lima bonnet, as close to the windscreen frame as you can.



    It all looks like astonishingly fiddly work Ivan. I'm sure you examined the possibility of the extreme etch windscreens... but yes the overall frame is still needed. This will surely be a tour de force item... good luck with the join...
    Jon

    It all looks like astonishingly fiddly work Ivan.


    Now you know why so much whisky was consumed.

    I'm sure you examined the possibility of the extreme etch windscreens... ....


    Brian doesn't do anything in the EE range that will fit a ProtoDeltic. I checked. Of the very few "production Deltic" etchings I thought could be used, it turns out that none - repeat, none - are transferable to the ProtoDeltic! Except maybe the four circular roof fan grilles, and even then you need to make sure they are the ones for the "early production Deltic" and not the "late" version.

    Now you know why so much whisky was consumed.Brian doesn't do anything in the EE range that will fit a ProtoDeltic. I checked. Of the very few "production Deltic" etchings I thought could be used, it turns out that none - repeat, none - are transferable to the ProtoDeltic! Except maybe the four circular roof fan grilles, and even then you need to make sure they are the ones for the "early production Deltic" and not the "late" version.


    Whisky - oh yes!

    Etches = are yes, you did mention this. Sorry, I forgot. This continues to be an interesting project... good luck with it all.
    Jon
    There's been a bit more work on one windscreen bonnet / nose end. Loads of filler, and a lot more filing / sanding to come.