Burton On Trent in N2

RBE

Yes I think it came out after you left. I now have until the end January before Pontefract. Should be enough time to sort any issues.

I also need to address how the layout will run as it will be pretty complex fitting the trains in the fiddle yards and arranging which roads to route trains into as the day goes on.

Edited by RBE

Cheers Simon.

Would have been better if the HST had not stuttered on the stupid peco points as it entered the fiddle. Those are something else that I need to address.

The Dapol locos have issues with them whereas the Farish seem ok with them. Must be something to do with wheel profiles.

Edited by RBE

Cheers Simon.

Would have been better if the HST had not stuttered on the stupid peco points as it entered the fiddle. Those are something else that I need to address.

The Dapol locos have issues with them whereas the Farish seem ok with them. Must be something to do with wheel profiles.

I have had a Farish 37 play up on points but the back to backs were all out. Seems strange, I use code 55 on Dallam as you know and no stock stalls on them and all run through the ones on the main with no issues. I do have issues with dead frogs on a couple in the fiddleyard area though which should be resolved once they are motorised with switches to energise the frog.

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon. It's not stuttering by losing power its by shorting out for a fraction of a second I think. The points are insulfrog ones so I didn't bother or want to have to deal with frog switching really so wired the whole thing up live, however the insulated rails at the frog are so close together that the wheel tread can cross the 2 and thus short out. This tends to mainly only happen with the Dapol ones though so I suspect that the Dapol treads are flatter so short across more readily, only a theory though as I haven't looked closely at both treads to compare. Needless to say I need to isolate the frogs a little I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Disaster struck this week when the cat got locked in the workshop over night!

Luckily the layout was still packed up following Lichfield so no damage to boards however the brewery, which has to be removed to pack away the boards, hasn't fared so well. The cat knocked it off of my workbench and then used it as a litter tray as it fell upside down on the floor. I was not very amused. The roof is trashed and the walls are soggy with cat pee, I don't know what Burton beer tastes like but I'm sure that it's better than Cat Pi$$! :D

Edited by RBE

• 4 weeks later...

however the brewery, which has to be removed to pack away the boards, hasn't fared so well. The cat knocked it off of my workbench and then used it as a litter tray as it fell upside down on the floor.

Must have been the Coors brewery, I've always thought their beer was cats pee . . .

G.

Haha yes indeed. Anyway the smell has subsided now and the brewery dried out meaning that is is repairable. Luckily.

I am currently on a bit of a hiatus as the mojo was hit a bit hard after the incident. I will be hitting the layout again this month, first up will be getting all of the locos running properly as there were far too many none runners at the Lichfield show.

• RMweb Premium

Haha yes indeed. Anyway the smell has subsided now and the brewery dried out meaning that is is repairable. Luckily.

I am currently on a bit of a hiatus as the mojo was hit a bit hard after the incident. I will be hitting the layout again this month, first up will be getting all of the locos running properly as there were far too many none runners at the Lichfield show.

Looking forward to it mate and get that MOJO back :sungum:  Yes, I have a few of the new DCC ready 47 chassis to work on. Adding extra pickups will be one of the jobs. 

Cheers

Anthony 

Must be the quickest modelling session to get the mojo back. I make it that you had 1 hour 44 minutes to play with layout before the end of the month........... Or was there spooky goings on in Chesterfield last night and you are now in ground hog day...........

Keith  

• 2 months later...

BoT will be at the Pontrfract show this weekend.

It still has work to be done but all of the teething troubles from Lichfield have been sorted.

If you're there pop over and say hi.

• Like 1

Cheers Simon. I'm sure I will. The mojo has been pretty bad over the past year to be honest but getting things sorted for this show has given new imputus. Really enjoying getting back to it.

I have also confirmed BoT for DEMU this year which will certainly be a homecoming for the layout!

• Like 6

BoT will be at the Pontrfract show this weekend.

It still has work to be done but all of the teething troubles from Lichfield have been sorted.

If you're there pop over and say hi.

Up at Kendal MREX (27 minutes on VT via the WCML) this weekend

Will be good to see at the DEMU unless anything planned before June?

Ian