"Scale Rails International" new magazine.

F-UnitMad

SRI 5 now out

I have replied to latest editorial by Chris Ford in SRI 5, he mentioned about not pleasing all the people all the time. Well I think Chris is getting the mix about right, he can only publish the articles he receives. So if you have an interesting article or photos of both models or prototype let Chris know.

Over the years of I have been a reader of various Chris Ellis model titles and developed an eclectic interest in railways worldwide. I have an interest in everything and anything it common dominator been the iron rails the railways run on. I have submitted article on unusual subjects, the Old Pool Bank Quarry Railway featured in SRI 3 & a photo of Ransome's Small Shunting Tractor in SRI 5. With an article of the Island of Mallorca, Soller Train & Tram also submitted. Hopefully some of my prototype photos will provide inspiration for modellers.

I have put many of my eclectic interest in photos up on my Flickr site, in different albums. https://www.flickr.com/photos/75088377@N06/ The one that sums it up is my 35th Years Album as going through older photos I find my oldest taken photo from 1978 of a Douglas Horse Tram, so the Collection features 1 photo a year since then, with horse, steam, diesel, electric & battery powered trains, freight & passenger, modern & heritage, 1st and Last days, oldest ones to then newest on special or plain ordinary days, all types of railways including funiculars and rack in the UK, Ireland, Europe & Canada.

Edited by Angliacan
  • Like 2

I think Chris Ford has got it about right.

Like others i enjoy reading about most things that run on rails.always something new to learn.

I like the mix in SRI,i have been a long time reader of MTI and purchased as many back numbers as possible to fill the gaps.

They come out regularly if a bit of inspiration is needed.

Although i model the North American system i like a bit of variety and everything is welcome.

I still buy the ocasional British and continental railway mag. if something takes my eye.

So for me roll on SRI number 6.

Don.

• 1 month later...

I think this probably the best edition yet.

Count me in for another 6 :yes:

steve

Aha, sent my cheque  off a week ago!

Not being a dyed in wool Brit only modeler this is the sort of publication that apeals to me.

I like railways.

Don. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

SRI 7 should be hitting the doormat of the world soon.

Got mine this am. Good mixed issue as ever. Must finish that 37/4 article for Chris.

Rather pleased another article & photos published this time on the Soller Tram & Train in Mallorca.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/75088377@N06/albums/72157652276673972

Yup no.7 has arrived and again its just right!

Rode on the Palmer to Soller train about four years back,nice scenic ride,highly recommended.

Dont ride the Orange Express though(thats for the tourists)catch an earlier one,was cheaper too!

Don. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...