• RMweb Gold

FYI - I received the following email from Greystar last night:

GREYSTAR PUBLICATIONS
66 HIGH STREET
WEST WRATTING
CAMBRIDGE CB21 5LU

rowena.barlow@btconnect.com

Dear Reader

My husband, Bob Barlow, had very little time to put his affairs in order, as he only lived a few weeks following his cancer diagnosis. He was resigned to his fate, just glad he had achieved so much both professionally and personally. He died at home surrounded by his family and friends who all loved him dearly.

Greystar Publications was his life’s dream. It was therefore only fitting that when he died, Finescale Railway Modelling Review died also. His legacy remains intact.

There are many trials that follow the death of someone close to you but the bureaucratic nightmare was not something I expected. I felt the right thing to do, when the dust had finally settled, was to offer every reader who had suffered a financial loss, no matter how small, a refund.

In total, I wrote to nearly 900 subscribers and I have been truly humbled by the outpouring of gratitude, respect and love for Bob both as a modeller and as a person. Only a handful of requests for refunds were made, enabling me to donate over £3,000 to Macmillan Nurses in memory of Bob and his happy band of fellow modellers.

Special thanks must also go to Roy Link who has honoured all those subscriptions taken for Narrow Gauge & Industrial Railway Modelling Review and has manfully entered the fray again, continuing to publish Finescale’s stablemate.

The memory of Bob will not only go on in his children and grandchildren but there are also plans afoot to extend his last layout, Ynys Gwyntog, and build a new one using drawings and material he had squirrelled away for the future. He would be so pleased.

Thank you.

ROWENA BARLOW

• 1 month later...

Wild Swan Books have the remaining stock of Finescale Review, we had it on the stand at Expo EM and will also have it at Railex.

If you missed out and want to get the set or missing copies get them now as although there is less than a box of each left, they will go. As they are being sold on behalf of Rowena Barlow, payment will be cash only and all proceeds of the sale will go to Mcmillian Cancer Care.

David

Archived