Wizard Models

Society

2mm Scale Association

Great Central Society

Misseneden Railway Modellers

Gauge O Guild

Pendon Museum

S Scale Model Railway Societycalefour Society

Additional layouts and traders will be added in due course, but make a date in your diary.

I am just staring the floor plan and we are just under eleven months away!

Currently we have more layouts than 2015 but as always the emphasis is on quality, one layout that I will reveal will be at RAILEX 2016 will be Geoff Williams EM model of Aylesbury LNWR this will be the only chance to see this iconic layout.

29b24gp.jpg

30t5b3t.jpg

David

Currently the confirmed number layouts in each scale is :

7mm O Gauge 3

3/16 Scale 1

P4 4

EM 3

2mm/N Gauge 3

So 18 layouts confirmed with a number who are coming but have yet to send there forms back!

We should be around 20 layouts this year although we have 7 EM or P4 layouts I have yet to confirm any OO, although this hole in the minority gauge will be filled!

David

Currently the confirmed number layouts in each scale is :

7mm O Gauge 3

3/16 Scale 1

P4 4

EM 3

2mm/N Gauge 2

So 13 layouts confirmed with a number who are coming but have yet to send there forms back!

We should be around 20 layouts this year although we have 7 EM or P4 layouts I have yet to confirm any OO, although this hole in the minority gauge will be filled!

David  

David.

Should you need an '00' DCC MI layout, may I invite you to look in the 'layouts' directory for 'Falcon Road TMD & Oil Drum Lane' and also at www.csmrc.co.uk where there is an Exhibition Managers' PDF download with layout requirements.

Yours

Dave Smith

Carshalton & Sutton MRC

post-509-0-35227200-1436260360_thumb.jpg

post-509-0-05791500-1436260361_thumb.jpg

Hi Dave I think I do have most of the layouts for 2016 it just I am waiting for the owners to firm up the details, but I will contact you direct if things change.

I don't want to invite more layouts then can't fit them in and have to defer them a year or two, that's why I like to start the floor plan around this time as I can start blocking out the space and islands.

For the Scalefour Society 40th anniversary we have four layouts to that gauge which may rise to five.

The more planning I can do in advance the easier it becomes closer to the show, although I am always open to ideas if we can improve things.

David

Not only has the Scalefour Society got its 40 Anniversary but Railex itself is also 40th in 2016. We had our first show at the Civic Centre in Aylesbury as a one day show and where the show remained untill the move to Stoke Mandeville Stadium in 2005. I think my first show as a club member was either 1980 or 1981.

David

Remember the first one well I had to go out at 10pm putting up more signs got a few strange looks from police cars ,but we had a good lot of visitors I cant remember the layouts now(old age) but we did have a good range .O gauge was not so prevelant as now had to wait a while before I booked one ,plenty of GWR branch layouts and a few n gauge but after that first show I found that people wanted to attend as they do now.Cant believe its 40years coming up makes me feel very old I certainly would not to run the show now but at least in safe hands and will continue to grow,well done David and team.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have added a couple of photos of Aylesbury LNWR to the first post, It will be the only chance to see this layout as it was never planned to be exhibited being constructed in Geoff Williams loft. but really is an iconic model and showing Aylesbury at Aylesbury seems a fitting tribute to one of first finescale layouts. hopefully both Geoff sons Bob & Mike should be at Railex over the weekend too.

We have a demo with a difference a team of 2mm modellers will be building a 2mm layout at Railex over the weekend based on Minories hopefully will trains running on Sunday.

David

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Evening all, I've just pinged an email off to Barry Oliver as Warley have my demo down as Bath Green Square, Craig Tilley made the same error in a news piece in the Toddler and now I note the Railex website has me down as bringing Bath Green square. What is going on!!!

The Station was Bath Queensquare for over eighty years, it was Greenpark for less than fifteen. It was however, NEVER Greensquare or Queenpark come to that!:-))

Rant over, time for another G&T, it is Sunday night after all and there's a super moon outside:-)

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...

I have created a RAILEX 2016 for those use this form of communication, we will keep updating info on the page in the run up to the show, link below/ 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1645411029074227/?ref=eyJzaWQiOiIwLjM2NzczNTY4NTMxMjc4NzMiLCJxcyI6IkpUVkNKVEl5VWtGSlRFVllKVEl3TWpBeE5pVXlNaVUxUkEiLCJndiI6IjQwYjg2MjY5ZjZhMjA4MzczYjkzYTZmNzE3ZjYxOTliNjBjMjhhYjQifQ

Wouldn't normally travel that far for a show (from Wigan) but for Geoff Williams' Aylesbury I just may..

I remember staring at pictures of this layout in the 70's - especially the station building and coaches - and thinking "how is something that good actually possible?"

The great collection of PO wagons left a lasting impression too..

Its fantastic to see these iconic layouts from the past are still around - and appearing at shows.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived