RAILEX 2016

David Bigcheeseplant

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The vintage bus from the railway station to RAILEX and return is confirmed for both days and as in previous years will be selling tickets and programmes on the bus. The floor plan is almost there, with Aylesbury LNWR as you enter the door. the layout is due to appear in BRM in a couple of months time as it was photographed a couple of weeks back.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Floor plan now finalised and hopefully will be uploaded in the next few weeks. At one point I thought I had spare space until I was informed I had omitted two traders, then it became puzzle to fit everything in the space!

Unless you have ever devised a floor plan it does take some doing to ensure those layouts and traders who want to be next to each other are and others who want to be distanced! again I have grouped the various scales and gauges together.

We will also a few boards of our clubs Okehampton project too which is now showing good progress on the scenic side.

David 

• RMweb Premium

. . . . . . . then it became puzzle to fit everything in the space!

Unless you have ever devised a floor plan it does take some doing

Spare a thought for Alex at Derby - at least you can start to plan it all and measure from a corner using straight aisles - we can't do that in The Roundhouse where it all depends on the space between the pillars and we have curved aisles - the end result looks like the slices of a pizza !!

Good luck with the rest of your planning

Mike

I think the floor plan for the old Railex at the Civic Centre was done on bits of card on a bit of wood up to the last show there in 2004, when we switched to the new venue I did it on CAD.

Aylesbury LNWR is displayed around 4 foot 6 inches to rail level, this is height is was designed to be viewed at as all the perspective models works, (it looks very odd when viewed from above or even the rear. To help those who are short or in wheel chairs we will have periscopes to borrow from the Railex info point. We also hope to have some small cameras linked into motinors. The model will be displayed as you walk in the door so can be seen clearly from the viewing balcony above.

David 

• RMweb Gold

To start the ball rolling I think I'm either 68 or 71 and the 2mm Association are 69.

Really looking forward to this years show, it's a fantastic lineup. Aylesbury LNWR is a firm favourite and Wibdenshaw with blue diesels and seventies grot is another not to be missed.

Jerry

To start the ball rolling I think I'm either 68 or 71 and the 2mm Association are 69.

Really looking forward to this years show, it's a fantastic lineup. Aylesbury LNWR is a firm favourite and Wibdenshaw with blue diesels and seventies grot is another not to be missed.

Jerry

You are right Jerry, Barth Green Squire is 68 2mm Society 69

34 is London Road

Archived