RMWeb Modules to FREMO interoperabitlity

Julia

• RMweb Gold

Yes it's the cost of travelling, and time for a holiday, not the welcome that puts me off as there are plenty of things to visit. The welcome in Germany has been fantastic every time I've been and I'm trying to organise a trip to the Harz to enjoy more of the excellent hospitality because I can mix trains with other shared interests.

If I could get the two to coincide I'd be very happy ;)

The logistics of taking a module on the plane... Not sure I'd fancy trying it ;)

I have one module that would work - 4" long x 18" wide, a buffer stop with some grass, as a 'terminator' to stop trains falling off the end of a line if it wasn't designed as a terminus board.

But it's not very interesting to operate - it has two inches of track on it.

• 2 weeks later...

In terms of attending Fremo meets, I would suggest the easiest to get to are the Dutch ones. Most meets there is space in the hall to sleep so you don't need to worry about accommodation costs. There is a big meet in Lichtenvoorde in October 22-25th, it's multi gauge, and is representative of the large Fremo meetings. Alas staying in the hall is fully booked (as I discovered to my cost last night when I tried to sign up for it). But other than that, it's about 3 hours drive from Dunkirk, so travel isn't too much of an issue. 

To attend a meet you don't need to bring any modules, you can just turn up and operate. You don't even need to bring any stock. Just turn up with a friendly attitude and you'll be on a winner. 

Another good option to attend is the Hoorn meeting in February, again there is loads of space to sleep in the hall, and it's a nice small size meet where you can do lots of interesting operation. If 3-4 of you share a car, it's surprisingly cheap. Hoorn is 3-4 hours from Dunkirk depending on how you drive...

Julia

I have one module that would work - 4" long x 18" wide, a buffer stop with some grass, as a 'terminator' to stop trains falling off the end of a line if it wasn't designed as a terminus board.

But it's not very interesting to operate - it has two inches of track on it.

2 inches on a plane would probably get you into the mile high club

Archived