KERNOW TODAY

Morning Paul,

I wondered if you have had any dialogue with Shane(34008Padstow) or Craig(winterbourncm) about the possibility of posting some of their excellent photographs on here as you have. Like you, they often did this on Mickey's thread and I really miss the images of the area I used to enjoy living in! Hope you don't mind me asking.

Kind regards,

Jock.

Hi Jock. As yet, I know nobody on here personally. I only started the new thread for the benefit of everyone else so it's up to you all !!

Guessing some will be on holiday, like myself currently, and I guess it will be a while before it reaches the quality content we are used too... . One or two May also be suspicious of loosening their photos again but I really hope that as our rail scene will have completely changed by Dec 2018, people record and post for the benefit of all. The first green HST coaching stock is already at Plymouth...... !

Just realised, I only know 2 people by sight on Flickr too ! It's lonely down here :(

Edited by Chy Mengrowyn Paul
  • Like 1

Hi Jock. As yet, I know nobody on here personally. I only started the new thread for the benefit of everyone else so it's up to you all !!

Guessing some will be on holiday, like myself currently, and I guess it will be a while before it reaches the quality content we are used too... . One or two May also be suspicious of loosening their photos again but I really hope that as our rail scene will have completely changed by Dec 2018, people record and post for the benefit of all. The first green HST coaching stock is already at Plymouth...... !

Just realised, I only know 2 people by sight on Flickr too ! It's lonely down here :(

How do you think I feel out here!

Brian :(

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Any comments, pictures on the recent Royal Duchy trip.  I see on the CRS site that the B & W kindly did some work on the SBZ turntable,  Any other info?

Brian.

Just to clarify, assuming my info is correct,it's not B&W as such,

but a group of volunteers connected with the railway but working independently.

Whatever, it's great they've taken on the responsibility of maintaining the turntable.

• RMweb Gold

Just to clarify, assuming my info is correct,it's not B&W as such,

but a group of volunteers connected with the railway but working independently.

Whatever, it's great they've taken on the responsibility of maintaining the turntable.

This must have been done with the full agreement of DBS and West Coast Railways and with insurance and safety issues in mind, I'm quite surprised to hear this.

• RMweb Premium

This must have been done with the full agreement of DBS and West Coast Railways and with insurance and safety issues in mind, I'm quite surprised to hear this.

As I said I am not 100% sure of this. My info was 2nd/3rd hand so may be subject to the 'Chinese Whispers' effect

Hi there

I will be posting chaps, and also into the Cornish clay / specials threads I have on here. Eggs and baskets come to mind!!

Evening Craig,

As far as I'm concerned, that is very good news indeed - looks like I'll have to add yet more sites to those I 'follow' with your mention of 'Cornish clay/specials!

Thank you and kind regards,

Jock.

As I said I am not 100% sure of this. My info was 2nd/3rd hand so may be subject to the 'Chinese Whispers' effect

This makes one wonder the veracity attached to the DBS comments in the beginning of all this.  They must have known and turned a blind eye and let them get on with it as a bunch of people wandering around railway property as well as eventually a Bulleid on the T/T is hard not to see and hear.  Such goings on usually bring the BTP, H & S and who knows what other heavy handed organisation to do battle.

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

This makes one wonder the veracity attached to the DBS comments in the beginning of all this.  They must have known and turned a blind eye and let them get on with it as a bunch of people wandering around railway property as well as eventually a Bulleid on the T/T is hard not to see and hear.  Such goings on usually bring the BTP, H & S and who knows what other heavy handed organisation to do battle.

Brian.

Oh dear. Why do I get the feeling I should not have said anything!

• RMweb Gold

Brian.

DBS are aware at both their HQ and local level. WCR went through correct channels to arrange use of the turntable, both this year and last year.

DBS are aware at both their HQ and local level. WCR went through correct channels to arrange use of the turntable, both this year and last year.

It's great to have someone so knowledgable, and with their 'finger on the pulse', posting on here,

Thank you Tim,

Kind regards,

Jock.

Aft'noon all,

Whilst scratching around looking at a few old 35mm slides I came across a couple of Cornish ones from around 30 yrs ago.....

post-7795-0-94726400-1438863407.jpg

At 07.02 on the 02.05.87 47628 OC bursts from beneath an overbridge at Respryn en route to Penzance with the sleepers.

Meanwhile another early start on the 06.05.87 was rewarded with the thrash of 37196 LA (newly painted red skirt & no nameplates) echoing around the hills for some time before she burst into view near Respryn at 07.45 with empties for the dries at Moorswater.

post-7795-0-46021500-1438864662.jpg

During the same Cornish holiday the last rays of sunshine could usually be had high on the golf course at Carlyon bay. We'd noted 196s absence when we arrived in Cornwall and for a few days after but at 19.25 on the 02.05.87 she was providing the audio entertainment on the climb out of Par whilst heading a Plymouth to Penzance working....clearly popular with the local bashing fraternity as a way of returning her off maintenance at Laira.

post-7795-0-82694500-1438866450.jpg

It was a waste of time asking for guest house breakfasts around 6am so we slept in the car when a sunny start was forecast next day and booked into B&Bs when the forecast said poor start next day. It balanced out well in terms of being on hand for decent early pictures without being too fragrant. The B&B highlight was staying on the St Austell side of Par station near the line, with the dining room windows facing the action. We were dining around the time that the sleepers arrived in Par on their way westward which meant that all windows were opened wide for 50006's departure....hellfire!!....the fumes were still clearing the dining room when the landlady arrived with breakfast and a somewhat bemused expression on her face.

Dave

Edited by Torr Giffard LSWR 1951-71
  • Like 15

• RMweb Premium

A couple of pics off the mobile from me, taken in Long Rock depot inside the fence on official railway business.

Unfortunately I failed to notice until later that they are underexposed. :banghead:

Oh well, must try harder, better job next time.

I cant imagine Cornwall without these :umbrage: -

9-07-15

post-299-0-92243900-1438884503_thumb.jpg

An immaculate Totness Castle

29-9-15

post-299-0-54924100-1438884515_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Back to one of my favourite locations this morning in search of china clay trains and sunshine (at least I got one of them). After a very swift run round at Lostwithiel, 66078 continues its journey down the Fowey branch with 6G06, the 07.37 Goonbarrow - Carne Point loaded CDAs.

post-694-0-63440100-1438892016_thumb.jpg

Edited by Clay Country
  • Like 17

Despite being the roadside of the line most of the time, its always difficult to get a decent shot of anything from within Long Rock because of the lighting angles. Now the public view from the path seaside is a different story !

Keep them coming though because of the historical value.

Edited by Chy Mengrowyn Paul
  • Like 1