KIRLEY JUNCTION

kirley

Kirley,

I was looking at your Youtube post.     NIR 80 Class      69.

They are all very realistic.   The one I particularly like is the maroon front/lower body with light grey upper body & darker grey roof and off white 'diamond' on front.

The whole effect is very real (for all of them).

How do you do the silvery (chrome) front window surrounds?. 

Jeremy.

Sorry Jeremy for the delay in replying but I was away on holidays and could not access my photographs.

I take it this is the Class 80 you are referring too?

post-12350-0-18666400-1502700268.jpg

The windows on the Class 80's were supplied by Richie who then traded as Glenderg Models.

post-12350-0-51383700-1502700344_thumb.jpg

The difficulty (for me) was you had to paint the frames and you needed a very steady hand.

post-12350-0-41224700-1502700508_thumb.jpg

He's still about but is now part of the Irish Railway Models Group.

Hi Kieran.  

That first pic is stunning.  I didn't realise Richie supplied flush glaze windows.  Miss the informative posts about your projects over on the other channel. 

Noel

Edited by NoelG

Kieran,  (Kirley?).

Yes, that is it.   Looks really like it.

I can see the difficulty with painting the window frames.   I am currently working on some Czech railcars (resin body mouldings) and they came with similar glazing inserts with edges I have to paint with aluminium paint.   A looks a fiddly job.  Just have to be very careful.

Jeremy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest ConventSiding

Sorry Jeremy for the delay in replying but I was away on holidays and could not access my photographs.

I take it this is the Class 80 you are referring too?

attachicon.gifIMG_0922x.jpg

The windows on the Class 80's were supplied by Richie who then traded as Glenderg Models.

attachicon.gifIMG_3378x.jpg

The difficulty (for me) was you had to paint the frames and you needed a very steady hand.

attachicon.gifIMG_3373x.jpg

He's still about but is now part of the Irish Railway Models Group.

Kirley, my eye is drawn to the building in the background. What material are you using to achieve the stone effect, its very realistic. I'm sure its not the Wills sheets?

Kirley, my eye is drawn to the building in the background. What material are you using to achieve the stone effect, its very realistic. I'm sure its not the Wills sheets?

Yes it is Wills Sheets built by Glenderg, I don't think he enjoyed the experience.

• 1 month later...

Fabulous Kieran.  Really enjoyed that.  Well done building that entire formation to such a high standard. Watching such scenes does not reveal the many hours of work that obviously went into building such wonderful ubiquitous Irish rolling stock.

Edited by NoelG

• 2 weeks later...

Just thinking of your video and your stock Kieran, you have enough in your locker to do the decades. GNR BUT for 50s, B121,B141s,Jeep and 70 class for 60s, 141,071s,Hunslet for 70s, 071 and 111s in 80s, 201s in the 90s and Dietrich in the 2000s. Look forward to seeing 50 years of change in a video soon!

• Like 1

Just thinking of your video and your stock Kieran, you have enough in your locker to do the decades. GNR BUT for 50s, B121,B141s,Jeep and 70 class for 60s, 141,071s,Hunslet for 70s, 071 and 111s in 80s, 201s in the 90s and Dietrich in the 2000s. Look forward to seeing 50 years of change in a video soon!

It's being on my mind to do one from 1947 up to the 2nd De-Dietrich livery but it would take a bit of organising, maybe some day...

• Like 1

Has this layout been featured in Railway Modeller yet? If not, Kieran, I would make a point of submitting photographs to the magazine. This layout and its rolling stock will promote Irish railway modelling and would do much to encourage others to do the same.

Edited by tmcg1959