Revolution proposing Class 21 and 29 in N Gauge

Revolution Ben

I bet that the are more Morris 1000's around than BMW's of the same vintage, as for rust, those problems started when the government interfered and BMC was the result.

Regards,

Alex

Most of the Morris Minors still around have had extensive rebuilding. My brother owns one and the standard tool to take with you when contemplating a purchase is a coal hammer, so that you can do a bit of pre-sales 'testing' on the frame. The comparison was of a Morris Minor and a modern BMW, not one of the same vintage. I have owned in my time various VW Golfs, the Mk1 were rust buckets, whereas I have had 4 Mk4s with not a spot of rust on 15-18 year old cars. WIsh I still had the Mk1 which I dumped as junk, it would be worth a bit now.

Back to the Class 21. The Worsley etches are nice, perhaps they could be paired with modifed Dapol Class 22 cabs to produce a model.

Chris

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

The finished Langley class 29 alongside the class 21 I built some 27 years ago, not brilliant but will suffice until a better option becomes available, we live in hope! 

Good work on the 29s Western King but your pic does show the limitations of the Langley model.

To be brutally honest, I can't see how the 21/29 would make commercial sense in the current climate, although I'd love one myself.

Good work on the 29s Western King but your pic does show the limitations of the Langley model.

To be brutally honest, I can't see how the 21/29 would make commercial sense in the current climate, although I'd love one myself.

Given the failure of the recent Revolution effort I fear you are right.  I had expressed interest in a 21 and 29, both in green.  My Langley 21 will soldier on.  The Farish chassis underneath it is fine, so I can wait........

Out of interest I bought the body for my 21 ready made and painted.  Does the kit come with 29 ends with the 4 character box as well as the earlier 21 ends?.  If so I must buy one.  I have a spare 25 chassis in the doofer box.

Out of interest I bought the body for my 21 ready made and painted.  Does the kit come with 29 ends with the 4 character box as well as the earlier 21 ends?.  If so I must buy one.  I have a spare 25 chassis in the doofer box.

The Langley kit is a class 21, to make it a class 29 you need to modify the front ends yourself, crude white metal headcode boxes are supplied but I made mine with plasticard.