Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

All engines eventualy got eight wheel tenders, at withdrawal, the tenders were transfered and reused on new A3 engines.

Mick,

Another cracking picture!

RCTS part 2A says that the five tenders were ordered from Doncaster in December 1933 and attached to the locomotives between August 1934 and January 1935.

Regards,

Roy

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, Mick, for those latest photo's. They are a fine addition to this thread.

Tonight I have two photo's from Beverley station in June, 1989. They show class 156, DMU, 156481 in it's original SuperSprinter livery departing to Hull. Please forgive the photographic imperfections.

post-22631-0-53460900-1507147085_thumb.jpg

post-22631-0-55888700-1507147106_thumb.jpg

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 9

I don't know whether this is reported elsewhere on this thread but I am told that work is to begin shortly, if not already, on a two road depot on the site of the old Scarborough locomotive shed. This to house and service some of the new five car loco hauled/pushed sets which are due to enter service on the Scarborough - Liverpool services. These will be powered by new Class 68 diesel locomotives.

Strange how things come around again, so many years after the first incarnation of Scarborough depot was demolished.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by mikemeg
  • Like 3

I don't know whether this is reported elsewhere on this thread but I am told that work is to begin shortly, if not already, on a two road depot on the site of the old Scarborough locomotive shed. This to house and service some of the new five car loco hauled/pushed sets which are due to enter service on the Scarborough - Liverpool services. These will be powered by new Class 68 diesel locomotives.

Strange how things come around again, so many years after the first incarnation of Scarborough depot was demolished.

Cheers

Mike

Ooooo I shall look forward to that if/when it happens!

It's surprising how flexible those gates actually are, and there's a reasonable amount of force behind the gate wheels.  I've seen this done on other crossings as well, I would hazard that the reason the gates aren't in the road stops is because the wagon has tried to beat the gates, got caught and bend the rodding or similar.

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. And thank you, Mick for more excellent photos. They really do show how the railway was. Today I have to report that Beverley station is in a bit of a pickle! The booking office has had to be closed down, for the foreseeable future, owing to what is described as serious water damage. Whether it is by design or accident, I don’t, as yet, know. Also the platform display screens are not displaying, and the sole ticket machine has given up the ghost! A most sorry state of affairs.

Regards,

Rob.

Hello, everyone. And thank you, Mick for more excellent photos. They really do show how the railway was. Today I have to report that Beverley station is in a bit of a pickle! The booking office has had to be closed down, for the foreseeable future, owing to what is described as serious water damage. Whether it is by design or accident, I don’t, as yet, know. Also the platform display screens are not displaying, and the sole ticket machine has given up the ghost! A most sorry state of affairs.

Regards,

Rob.

Probably accident, its only preserved railways that have water features in booking offices - generally caused by the geriatric staff getting caught short

• RMweb Gold

Hello, everyone. A short update about the water damage to Beverley stations booking office. I’ve been speaking with someone who works there, and it was stated that it turns out that lead from the roof was stolen, hence allowing rain to pour through onto the electrical wiring. Hence the office is still out of use, along with the electronic signs on the platforms. The ticket machine, being linked to the booking office wiring will remain out of use too. Everyone has pay on the train. It will be like it is for ‘several weeks’ until the lead can be replaced.

Regards,

Rob.