NRM 40 Class 43 (HST)

Andy Y

• RMweb Premium

Hornby used to make short versions but updated them before they bought the Lima tooling so most are their own newer full length models except the TGS which they never made so have used the Lima tooling as part of their current range. I don't think they're too bad and there have been various improvements to the glazing over time particularly. A recent issue with some has been the buffet coaches being tooled with the incorrect roof moulding of a standard coach without the vents etc.

My only issue with the Lima TGS is taking off the roof to fit passengers. The glazing is part of the roof and I broke 3 or the lavatory Windows trying to prise it open. Not the best design. Hopefully the Mk3 gets an update soon.

Think I'd better start saving the Vtec sets run through Linlithgow on the Inverness workings and they look smart with the Virgin colours. Hope the coaches are done too and follow the recent practice from Hornby so a full set of different numbers can be created.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

My only issue with the Lima TGS is taking off the roof to fit passengers. The glazing is part of the roof and I broke 3 or the lavatory Windows trying to prise it open. Not the best design. Hopefully the Mk3 gets an update soon.

Don't forget the buffers !! :) 

I would be in for a railroad HST and coaches....................at speed on the layout would it even matter ? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

RRP now announced as £220, also, more eye catching is that 400 out of 500 have sold out at the pre-order stage! If you want one, Id suggest emailing.

Talking of email, I have emailed Locomotion several times, with no reply, so maybe telephone them if you want to confirm an order?

RRP now announced as £220, also, more eye catching is that 400 out of 500 have sold out at the pre-order stage! If you want one, Id suggest emailing.

Talking of email, I have emailed Locomotion several times, with no reply, so maybe telephone them if you want to confirm an order?

Sorry if I have missed point, but is this pre-orders for the Prototype HST?

Oxford rail are doing a brand new range which should be up to the mark of hornbys newer updated toolong of the hst class 43

• RMweb Premium

Yeah I have voted for which ones I want. Hopefully they are fairly brisk in their development. I'm really hoping they do the NMT pantograph coach, although I do realise this is a long shot.

• 1 month later...

The main catalogue VTEC HST looks rather neat to me, livery looks correct. Hopefully livery samples of the NRM HST are not far behind? Good to see the 'hood' above the exhausts removed and a nice touch (finally) adding the Brush plates.

r3390tts_1789.jpg

• Like 1

Lovely - It and other HST sets are on my radar but the Oxford announcement has thrown me off. I don't want to buy Hornby stock at full price only for Oxford to release there's and then I will undoubtedly make a loss on the Hornby stock!

Then again am I happy enough with the Hornby Mk3s I don't know!

Lovely - It and other HST sets are on my radar but the Oxford announcement has thrown me off. I don't want to buy Hornby stock at full price only for Oxford to release there's and then I will undoubtedly make a loss on the Hornby stock!

Then again am I happy enough with the Hornby Mk3s I don't know!

Locomotion announced in early March that 400 of the 500 NRM sets are now spoken for. Thus if I was you I would not hold off ordering. The coaches are a separate matter, whether you choose Hornby's or Oxford's. Only Hornby make the VTEC HST and the NRM limited edition is looking to be sold before it is released!

I know Locomotion read these forum threads so I hope they can add the livery sample of 43238 soon :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Locomotion,

I do not think your webpage contact works? I have sent several emails without reply? Sorry to be a fuss!

I am looking very forward to the VTEC NRM HST, do you have the livery samples yet to show off? I understand Hornby have all of their HST samples, all due in June.

I know at Ally Pally you confirmed if I had emailed, I was on the list for one. Shall there be advise soon by email that I am lucky?

Edited by 159220

• RMweb Gold

Interesting..... Just gave them a call to register my interest only to be told that the are still discussing how to package the model whether it be just 2 power cars or include coaches and they also said that they don't expect to see anything for 18 months - maybe they should commission a 50 years one whilst they are at it ............

Ben

Guest spet0114

Interesting..... Just gave them a call to register my interest only to be told that the are still discussing how to package the model whether it be just 2 power cars or include coaches and they also said that they don't expect to see anything for 18 months - maybe they should commission a 50 years one whilst they are at it ............

Ben

Sounds like they got confused with the prototype hst commission from Rapido.

• 3 weeks later...

The main catalogue VTEC HST looks rather neat to me, livery looks correct. Hopefully livery samples of the NRM HST are not far behind? Good to see the 'hood' above the exhausts removed and a nice touch (finally) adding the Brush plates.

r3390tts_1789.jpg

Wonder if Hornby will add the "horizontal bar" in the centre of the cab door windows. Feel as though this would be a nice little touch too if they do.

• 4 weeks later...

Just about missed this as email dropped into junk folder if you have pre-ordered might be worth checking yours also if you have not had the email.

That's my order placed interestingly these are being flown into UK with the Scotsman pack which would explain the delay in the standard tts Hornby release due end of August.

Now when will Oxford release the Mk3s to go in the middle?