And so it begins!

DJM Dave

Tranquility base here, the O2's have landed!

Apologies to Mr Armstrong, but yesterday after a 24 hour dock unloaded breakdown, the fist batch of DJM designed and manufactured O2 models for Kernow arrived in Cornwall. :-)))

This won't please the nay Sayers, but it proves that the only vapour is the one they have been sniffing!

Kernow will be receiving all versions over the next 6 weeks, and I am hoping I can get the J94 into production before Christmas for January/ February.

Cheers

Dave

Great news Dave, proves a point, if it was needed. One of my BR liveried orders has jumped forward, according to the shipping info and will now be October rather than December, oh well keeps the wallet lean and hungry. Will the O2s be individually tested, as you did with the DJM produced Beatties, as with the staggered delivery you may have to take up residence in Cornwall. Looking forward as well to the Class 71 sample expose in a few weeks.

• RMweb Gold

Some of us have already got theirs.... *grins* http://grahammuz.com/2015/09/11/the-first-kernow-model-centre-adams-o2-0-4-4t-to-arrive-soon/

Sorry couldn't' resist..

Which models are in the country?

The best source of the delivery information for each of the variants is here http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/109/Adams_O2_Steam_Locomotive

So delighted to hear that your project is now well and truly off the ground and I can only wish you luck (I always think that this is a curious wish - surely it is the continuing exercising of talent and determination one should wish someone!) as you bring your own brand of fresh air to the hobby.

Much looking forward to the collapse on many not-so-stout parties!

Go well.

Anthony

...But until one has completed a million miles without failure...

One reader here who will be interested if anyone cares to report on running qualities and robustness - I'll settle for a scale 100 miles ;-) - ease of body removal and mechanism construction and the like.

(This is entirely the wrong sort of O2 for me, but compact mechanisms that might have the potential to power other classes are always worth a look.)

• RMweb Premium

Good work all round.  Let the vapourware merchants now breathe their own ;)

May I take a second to copy a message from Kernow MRC's Facebook page?   You may get your models quicker if you take due note:-

The first O2 has arrived! Please be patient, they have only just arrived and we are unpacking and processing orders. We will be able to do that so much quicker if we don't have to answer lots of phone calls and emails asking "when will I receive my model"!

• RMweb Gold

Great to see DJM getting his "Yah! Boo! Sucks!" moment after the disgusting negativity expressed by a few members. Why would the model not be a successful product? Anyway, the pudding is here as proof. Great!

Agreed, and if my understanding is correct it has come from a factory with a good reputation (and it did produce the DJM/Kernow well tank) so why shouldn't it be successful?

• RMweb Gold

I'm having a dull moment. Decyphering two letters and four numbers has me beat, I'm afraid. Now if it were just four numbers I could guess 0395 class.

PB

Easy -

O is two letters short of Q in the alphabet, and 2 is four numbers short of 6. Thus O2 becomes Q6  - although it probably helps to recognise the way a certain poster's mind normally seems to work ;)

Archived