Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Gold

Gosh i’d Forgotten about this thread, a few months ago it was a page a day, in Peckettmania, since the Barclay was announced this threads drifted to sleep.

The inter web FTSE Peckett 100 index shows a steep drop in prices too.. down £50-70 on ebay in January since November highs.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

Two went on ebay one for £133.00 and another sound fitted for £192.00 both in the last 48hrs Two went on ebay one for £133.00 and another sound fitted for £192.00 both in the last 48hrs Two went on ebay one for £133.00 and another sound fitted for £192.00 both in the last 48hrs

We heard you the first time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

According to Hattons the next Peckett Lilleshall No 10 in plain black is due to arrive in the UK in May this year.

David

Peters spares just sold one in ebay.., is it here ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R3550-Peckett-0-4-0ST-No-883-Lilleshall-Co-Black-OO-Gauge/332552587648?hash=item4d6dadc980:g:RmcAAOSw5nxagbl1

Edited by adb968008

It must have been an Ebay pre-delivery sale - the details in the listing specify 'Estimated 2018 delivery'.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My enthusiasm for my Peckett has been tempered by a fault, self inflicted but worth noting, when putting the body back it transpires that I trapped the red wire. Took it for spin around Dewsbury Midland last night with the Andrew Barclay and it was poorly, red wire chaffed through completely close to the harness. So it looks like I need to replace the full lenght. I might as well bin the Hornby decoder and go for a hardwired 6pin(see the Andrew Barcley thread)decoder, I'll seek advice from fiends who have gone down this route already.

I managed to trap a wire initially too - the body wouldn't seat properly, so I investigated before I had done too much damage to the wire and ts insulation.

If you read back a way, I fitted TCS M1 decoders into my three, using the four pin sockets to connect them so they can be easily removed or replaced if necessary.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Lilleshall no. 10 still on for mid-May release?

It appears so, doesn't show on the Hornby web site as arriving soon but that's because they have sold out to pre allocation I think. Arrival may 2018 shown where they are listed.

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone converted these to a O16.5 loco?  How does it look?

r

post-14122-0-64019200-1525469277.jpeg