N gauge wagon announcement

DJM Dave

Hi everyone,

Can I ask that someone copy and paste the list of wagons announced yesterday, here for me please?

Unfortunately I'm 35,000ft above the Middle East at the momen heading to Hong Kong and China and only have access via my ancient I-pad.

I won't be answering an questions on the mermaid, as all I have to say is in the finished. Cad cam and the model currently in tooling ( I hope to see tooling on this taking place while out here).

As for the Turbot and Bogie Bolster E, I will repeat I am NOT making it in OO gauge and I am currently awaiting suggested liveries for the running numbers. Once I have these I will update all fora and magazines accordingly.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

If you'd sent the stuff before I hit the road on Friday it would have been here! ;)

Firstly let me update you all on progress of DJModels products as of this moment.
N gauge
Class 17, 23 and J94 are all now in the tool room with the Class 17 scheduled to be the first release.
With Chinese New Year in the way of production, I expect to unveil this new model at Ally Pally in late March 2016 with stock hopefully on the high seas by then.
The 23 and J94 will then follow at around 2-3 months space between them so as not to flood the market and to aid cash flow for DJM.
Other locomotives announced are in final cad/cam design and should be in a position to be shown in late November.
NEW wagon projects listed further on…

OO Gauge
J94 is in deco stage and I hope to have something to show around the time of Warley of both commissioned models and DJM versions. Once approved they will go into production immediately.
Class 71, is now in second EP tooling, and I should also be showing this in painted form around the time of the Warley Show.
Class 74, is now in design and will not be for 12 months or so (projected).
Q6 and Hudswell Clarke are moving on in leaps and bounds and I should have cad/cams of both visible for public consumption / comments in late November.
O gauge loco’s are ready for tooling but are pending cash flow to be allocated to their tooling costs.

BIG NEWS!
Despite my saying for a few years now that I would not touch rolling stock due to it’s smaller return for quite a large outlay. However, I have done a deal with a new (for me) and respected factory, that currently makes for 3 very well known model railway companies (2 in mainland Europe) to produce 5 N gauge wagons at what I consider to be a very reasonable price.
It’s worth noting that all 5 have been cad/cam designed and 1 is, as I write, in the tool room with a release date for March 2016*.
These are noted on attached pages to this release, but I will list them here…………..
Shark 20t Plough van (Awaiting Tooling)
Mermaid Ballast wagon  (*in Tooling)
Turbot Bogie ballast wagon (final cad/cam design)
Bogie Boster E (final cad/cam design)
LSWR Road Van (Awaiting tooling)

Orders for these wagons can be taken by your DJM stockist from Monday and a full list of liveries and running numbers /product codes are available via the DJModels web site, RMweb and the modelling press.

The Mermaid and the Turbot will benefit from my ‘Quick load’ ballast system. Simply put it’s accurately moulded ballast load that can be unloaded from each wagon without taking the wagon off the rails by using a stick with a magnet on it to lift each load out quickly and easily, allowing a ‘return’ unloaded service train to run.

ZJO / ZJV ‘Mermaid’ N gauge Ballast wagon. RRP£19.95

mermaid 2.jpg

Featuring NEM couplers, Close Coupling mechanism, partially see through chassis, fully detailed interior and exterior, Darkened profile wheels, Removable ‘quick load* ’ moulded ballast. 

GWR and BR versions modelled. Authentic liveries, some with weathering**, multi packs available** with different running numbers (**to follow).
*Quick Load, is a quick way to load and unload the plastic ballast load using a simple magnet on a stick. No more taking each wagon off the rails to unload.  
Black with Straw lettering
DJM-N-RS-100010A  ZJO DW100022 
DJM-N-RS-100010B  ZJO DW100045 
DJM-N-RS-100010C  ZJO DW100048 
DJM-N-RS-100010D  ZJO DW100051 

Indian Red
DJM-N-RS-100011A  ZJV DB989176
DJM-N-RS-100011B  ZJV DB989228

Olive Green
DJM-N-RS-100012A  ZJV DB989014 
DJM-N-RS-100012B  ZJV DB989088 
DJM-N-RS-100012C  ZJV DB989089 
DJM-N-RS-100012D  ZJV DB989153 

Engineers Grey / Yellow ‘Dutch’
DJM-N-RS-100013A  ZJV DB989097
DJM-N-RS-100013B  ZJV DB989117
DJM-N-RS-100013C  ZJV DB989466
DJM-N-RS-100013D  ZJV DB989484

N Gauge LSRW Road Van RRP £22.50

LSWR Road Van.jpg

Since designing this for Kernow Model Rail Centre and seeing it in the flesh, I have wanted to produce a model in N gauge.
So this is, in all honesty, a personal choice, rather than a profit led one. Mind you it’s one of those ‘I don’t need one, but I want one’ projects.
Many thanks to Kernow for allowing me to use their laser scan for this model, which features darkened profile wheels, NEM coupling, Close Coupling and separate handrails (where possible)

DJM-N-RS-100030A pre-1936 SR livery (Brown with large lettering) 54779
DJM-N-RS-100030B pre-1936 SR livery (Brown with large lettering) 54885

DJM-N-RS-100031A SR livery (brown with small lettering in bottom left hand corner) 59930

DJM-N-RS-100032A BR Grey S45730
DJM-N-RS-100032B BR Grey S54663 
DJM-N-RS-100032C BR Grey S54924

ZUV Shark 20Ton        N gauge ballast plough

Featuring Close coupling mechanism, profile darkend wheel sets, NEM coupling box, Replacement Snowploughs (without coupling gap), Veranda detail. RRP£19.95

shark brake van 2.jpg

shark brake van 1.jpg

The perfect wagon for ballast trains and is at home ‘top and tail’ of a rake of ballast wagons.

BR Black with Straw lining and Lettering
DJM-N-RS-100001A  DB993900 ‘Llynclys Junction’
DJM-N-RS-100001B  DB993722
DJM-N-RS-100001C  DB993989 ‘Lydney’

BR Indian Red with white lettering
DJM-N-RS-100002A  DB993921  ‘Nuneaton, Abbey Street’
DJM-N-RS-100002B  DB993914  ‘Croft Junction, Darlington’
DJM-N-RS-100002C  DB993775 ‘Perth’
DJM-N-RS-100002D  DB993828 ‘Doncaster’

BR Olive Green
DJM-N-RS-100003A  DB993850 ‘Return To Meldon Quarry’
DJM-N-RS-100003B  DB993726
DJM-N-RS-100003C  DB993791
DJM-N-RS-100003D  DB993745

Non Branded EWS Maroon
DJM-N-RS-100004A   DB993902 (with chevrons 1 end only)

Non Branded Loadhaul Black & Orange
DJM-N-RS-100005A   DB993882 (Yellow overhead warning flash)
DJM-N-RS-100005B   DB993876 (chevrons & yellow overhead warning flash)

Engineers Grey & Yellow (Dutch)
DJM-N-RS-100006A   DB993711 (Red overhead warning flash)
DJM-N-RS-100006B   DB993916  (yellow overhead warning flash)
DJM-N-RS-100006C   DB993717  (Red Overhead Warning flash)
DJM-N-RS-100006D   DB993831  (Yellow overhead flash, labelled ‘RUQ’)

N Gauge YCV ‘Turbot’ Bogie ballast wagon

This much needed  wagon in N gauge is in the later stages of cad/cam design and should be in stores around mid 2016.
RRP £25.95

This model will be available in Engineers Grey / Yellow ‘Dutch’ livery, EWS Maroon Livery
Please note this model will not be increased in size to the OO range.
Featuring profile darkened wheels,
NEM coupling pocket, Close coupling, separate steps and handrails, separate ballast load with ‘quick load’ feature’.
Close coupling (if possible), and internal detail

DJModels N gauge YCV ‘Turbot’ bogie ballast wagon.

Engineers Grey / Yellow ‘Dutch’ Livery
DMJ-N-RS-100020A  DB978177
DJM-N-RS-100020B  DB978211
DJM-N-RS-100020C  DB978351
DJM-N-RS-100020D  DB978672

EWS Branded Maroon Livery
DJM-N-RS-100021A  DB978356
DJM-N-RS-100021B  DB978671
DJM-N-RS-100021C  DB978705
DJM-N-RS-100021D  DB978742

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

The Shark CAD looks very nice, and while the NGS kit is a nice moulding it does require a cut and shut job on the Peco chassis, which not everyone is comfortable with, so I think this will be a very popular model.

Coupling "through" the eponymous plough was always an issue too - it looks like Dave has found a neat solution for this.

The Loadhaul black and orange would've been my next kit build version (having already done EWS and Dutch) so now it will be the DJM one!

cheers

Ben A.

Delighted and not a little surprised to see an LSWR Road Van in N.  Will definitely get a minimum of 2 - the first beacuse, in a suitably dilapidated state, it'll work very well on my layout and the second because, whilst there's absolutely no justification whatsoever for another, in supporting these delightful, if slightly off-the-wall, projects from Mr Jones (especially in N gauge) it will help to ensure there will be more to come.  

I don't have a ballast train so I'll also take couple of Sharks and a multipack or two of Mermaids.   Oh and a Bulleid Tavern Car set next, when you've a moment.

M

Thanks Robert.

I didn't realse the Mermaid was vacuum braked, could make for an interesting formation.  If there were over 300 still around in '94 then I'm sure I can justify having a few circa. '88-'92  :)

Cheers,

Paul

Edited by bigP

• RMweb Premium

Great wagon choices Dave; a RTR Shark to modern standards was top of my list (did you scan the one at Shenfield Station which has been there for years?). I like the idea of the  plough without the coupling gap too and the magnetic loads for the Mermaid.

Thanks Robert.

I didn't realse the Mermaid was vacuum braked, could make for an interesting formation.  If there were over 300 still around in '94 then I'm sure I can justify having a few circa. '88-'92  :)

Cheers,

Paul

The design on GWR and early BR were unfitted, http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brmermaid/e22b99c2blater BR lots were fitted and BR added VB to many in 1979 - 80 http://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brmermaid/e22b99c2b

Paul

• 1 month later...

I missed seeing any of DJMs EPs at Warley (either of the announced wagons or of the N gauge class 17, 23 and J94 locos) all of which presumably are due for delivery/sale in early/mid 2016. Did anyone take photos that they can post up and show us all?

Cheers,

G.

• RMweb Gold

Might be because Dapol still has them listed as being planned?

Is that a given? Had seen some comments about reverse engineering the Turbot but nothing definite had crossed my radar...

Cheers

Phil

Hmm.. maybe not.  It's been a while since I was on the Kernow page, and it seems that they are no longer listed.

Guess we'll have to wait for Dave to clarify why this particular model was noted as not receiving the upscale to OO

Is that a given? Had seen some comments about reverse engineering the Turbot but nothing definite had crossed my radar...

Cheers

Phil

• 4 weeks later...