Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Wishlist Poll 2015

I just voted in the N Gauge Poll.

I was surprised that the Class 40 was included as Farish have announced an upgraded model. Also there was no option to vote for a Class 25/3; this is top of my wishlist.

I have just realised that I intended to vote for a Diesel Brake Tender but don't recall seeing this option.

David

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Littlethorpe

It looks as though you're right about the Class 40! I'll speak with David Baverstock about that.

The Diesel Brake Tender is in between D2985-D2998 (all later to Class 07) and DP2.

We advise voters that it is worthwhile checking The Guide first - that will help avoid missing things.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• RMweb Gold

Have cast my votes, but out of idle curiosity, is there a reason the Ransom & Rapier 45T Steam Crane is no longer listed on the N Gauge poll?

Tom. 

(Wishes there was a wishlist option for 'everything on the Mid Hants'!)

Hello again Littlethorpe

Sorry... I hit 'send' too quickly! The 25/3 has been suggested elsewhere and is already on the agenda for next time.

Brian

Hi Brian

Thanks for both of your replies. I only remembered the Brake Tender after completing the Poll but hadn't spotted it in the list anyway; so my fault. I think that the 25/3 is a significant omission but I expect that Farish will be announcing an updated version as they have recently introduced the 25/1 & 25/2.

David

• RMweb Gold

Hello Tom

As Bachmann announced its SR Crane in 00, we had a rethink on how cranes were listed. In N, you will find SR Breakdown Crane with Staff & Tool Vans.

The subject of breakdown cranes is a wide one and we can only hope to capture it somewhat generically. All the Big Four now have a crane listed as well as the BR 75-ton Cowans Sheldon and three others of the post-steam era.

• RMweb Gold

Many thanks Metr0land....and some of that is as a result of discussion with you, if I recall correctly.

As was noted in the Q&A (in bold underlined red!) we urge voters to have a look at The Guide as it will help explain some of the reasons for the way some of the items are listed.

It really is shocking to see how few mainline diesel prototypes are left to be produced RTR. Thin pickings there.

But can I thank the team for including an M&GN loco? And they've chosen the prettiest of them all, the C class, based on the MR Johnson 4-4-0 (the MR's 1808 class). I am completely delighted - though my head tells me that it's going to be a low-scorer.

It's also really nice to see more pre-Grouping options in coaching stock.

Thanks very much for all the hard work that must go into this.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

Hi Brian

I've voted in the N gauge section but I was surprised to see things like the Pendolino still on the list (given that Rapido/Revolution are well advanced with our design and tooling for the model)!

There were a few other oddities which probably should not have made the list - perhaps you need to widen the net on N gauge further than David!

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hi Brian

Here you go - some already mentioned (all N gauge):

Class 40 - Farish produce already and have already announced a re-tool.

Class 87 and 91 - Farish produce already so you have not listed them as being open for polling in N but they are not "modern" standard productions.  Even though I think Farish (or anyone else) would be mad to create a re-tooled version I think you need to be consistent (eg you have the 158 listed which is in the same boat).

Mk3s - the Farish Mk3s you quote are from well before your 2000 cut-off and the Dapol Mk3s are essentially HST stock in most aspects (though the buffet is a loco-hauled RFM). No one has produced accurate loco-hauled Mk3s in N.

Mk4s - again the Farish Mk4s pre-date your 2000 cut-off.

Those are some of the things I noticed from eras I am interested in or know a bit about, but I am sure there are others.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Gold

Hello again Mike (#43)

I have just checked back on the 2014, 2013 and 2012 Polls and the above items (excluding Class  40) weren't in any of those either! So, no-one has mentioned it until now, otherwise I would have taken action. Thanks again for picking it up.

• RMweb Premium

Just voted. Thanks to all for organising. It certainly seems pretty comprehensive to me.

One point , I note there was no class 116 dmu mentioned. I appreciate that Kernow had announced this, but given that Bachmann has announced they are taking over the 117 , no one seems to be committing to the 116 being made. I would have preferred to have a choice to vote for this model as it's far from clear to me this will ever be produced.

I don't know whether to be pleased that the main locos on my own wish list are not options to vote for.  The 44XX series of GWR small prairies and 3150/ 3100 classes of std No4 boilered large prairies seem to be missing, so hopefully my rebuild of a 50 year old K's 44XX and my reboilered Graham Farish big Prairie might get finished before Bachmann/Hoprnby/Kernow produce a RTR version.

It is sad to see my old 6412 (Converted Hornby Pannier ) and my S15 (Converted King Arthur Class) being replaced (temporarily) by new Bachmann and Hornby versions.  Previous experience is new locos seldom survive long with my gradients even if they can actually pull the trains in the first place.  The Wills Triang X04 motored 61XX has outlived 2 Airfix and 2 Hornby versions while the Triang chassis continue to power my 43XX Manor , Halls and Grange. 

Just voted. Thanks to all for organising. It certainly seems pretty comprehensive to me.

One point , I note there was no class 116 dmu mentioned. I appreciate that Kernow had announced this, but given that Bachmann has announced they are taking over the 117 , no one seems to be committing to the 116 being made. I would have preferred to have a choice to vote for this model as it's far from clear to me this will ever be produced.

Somewhere in the blurb for all that, either from Bachmann themselves or from Kernow, the possibilities for the 116 and 118 were left open. These could be models from Bachmann's main range or Limited Editions from Kernow - that bit was not made clear at all.

Archived