81A Oldoak

Well, I think we're certainly at that tipping point where the quality of a Ready To Run model exceeds the quality that can be sensibly obtained from a good kit - even from a competent builder.....

Congratulations!

Giles

That looks cracking Chris (& Chris). Not sure I haven't chosen the wrong colour! I hope that'll sell like hot cakes, especially in that livery- it ought to.

As yet, no law has been passed to prevent you buying a second Peckett.

As yet, no law has been passed to prevent you buying a second Peckett.

Ahh, you haven't encountered the law as upheld by my good lady!

Actually- if I was to have two of a loco, I'd get another Fowler. But with this & Mr Webster's Air Ministry tankers due in quick succession, it's an expensive time for operators of 7mmm/ft scale tar distillers, so a lone Peckett will do for now!

Those pics look amazing!  Glad I ordered the light green one, it'll looking cracking with the HC.

Pleased to see the colour has been toned down a bit from the bright fluorescent prototype I saw a few weeks ago  :sungum:.

Which was not supposed to have been seen in public.

When the dust has settled and you've dispatched the pecketts could we see some pics of the fluorescent one???

This is the fret with the Peckett works' plates. It comes unpainted.

Chris, are the letters raised with the intention that the background will be painted as in your photo?  If so, I'm sorry to say, that is incorrect.  Peckett worksplates, unlike almost all others, had incised letters in a polished background - there is one on my wall as I type this.  I know some might regard this as 'nit-picking' but it would be a shame to spoil such a well researched and produced model with incorrect plates.

Ray.

Chris, are the letters raised with the intention that the background will be painted as in your photo?  If so, I'm sorry to say, that is incorrect.  Peckett worksplates, unlike almost all others, had incised letters in a polished background - there is one on my wall as I type this.  I know some might regard this as 'nit-picking' but it would be a shame to spoil such a well researched and produced model with incorrect plates.

Ray.

Ray,

You are correct. The etch has been reversed. I suppose it will have to be our imperfect stitch.

Regards,

Chris

Chris, given the very modest cost and amazing quality of the Peckett, I for one have no problem in accepting this minor glitch - not only that but more than happy to pay an extra sum for correct pattern works plates.

Is there any mileage in you (or perhaps another enterprising person) commissioning a fret of correct pattern plates for sale?

Tony

post-17823-0-30526100-1449169239.jpgpost-17823-0-70824400-1449169251.jpg

When are the ones ordered at Telford being sent out?

We are processing orders as quickly as possible, but are not just relabelling the box and sending it to our customers. Each model is being checked against a specific list, test run and then carefully repacked. This does take some time, but we have notified all customers that have provided email or text details of delivery up to tomorrow 1300 hours.

The balance will all be despatched next week, for delivery from Tuesday 8th December onwards, so we are confident that everyone will have theirs by the end of next week......unless you live in the Antipodes, when all we can promise is that it will be 'on the way' via Airmail.

Hope this gives everyone some idea of when yours will arrive, but we will be at Reading on Saturday, when you can pick one up if you choose, or just stand and admire......well... at the models, not Chris and I !!

Chris

Ray,

You are correct. The etch has been reversed. I suppose it will have to be our imperfect stitch.

Regards,

Chris

JUst checked our original artwork....and we had it right to start with. It appears to have moved from 'incised' lettering to raised at some stage in the process....and we never noticed. Bit gutted to say the least at the moment.....

On a brighter note, Minerva have today created a massive record for the number of Special Deliveries at our local Post Office. The Postmaster is so over the moon with the business that I think we are now granted 'special status', as we were embarrassingly invited to jump the queue to bring the last batch of parcels in for processing. However, as we are well known in the village, it was all done with a sense of humour, and no-one was kept waiting.

Chris

Thanks for posting the pictures Chris, looks great in green and I look forward to mine arriving from EDM.

Is the injector and other pipe work above the footplate red? Or is the colour being deceptive? No worries either way as a small matter if a spot of paint whilst weathering the beast.

Regarding works plates, I'm sure we can forgive you this little faux pas, just this once....

Osgood, no need to commission word plates, just give the people at Narrow Planet a call, they make two sorta of Peckett works plates in their range, early.

http://shop.narrowplanet.co.uk/products/NPP-205

And late.

http://shop.narrowplanet.co.uk/products/NPP-230

Cheers,

Andrew

Well, I think we're certainly at that tipping point where the quality of a Ready To Run model exceeds the quality that can be sensibly obtained from a good kit - even from a competent builder.....

Congratulations!

Giles

This is high praise indeed and we are very humbled.

An early visit by Santa this morning,

post-18627-0-69064400-1449222494_thumb.jpg

I echo the comments of those above, it's an exquisite little beast, runs well straight out of the box, on budget, on time, and exactly as described - very rare in anything these days.

Many thanks to the Chris's and their colleagues/team, much appreciated.

Peter

EDIT

Congratulations!

Giles

Some of us can't even build one in 4 years, never mind as well as Minerva build 500 odd!

post-18627-0-52738000-1449223863_thumb.jpg

Could folk please bear in mind that some of us are having to wait a little longer for the sound fitted versions, and that it can be quite distressing to see all these images of liberated Es.

Of course we could just not look - but that requires a certain discipline…..

Archived