DCC Concepts Products

BromsMods

We are the main UK outlet for DCC Concepts products. There is a wide range of products available from this company for both DC and DCC users, ranging from tools to micro LEDs. The range is so large it is impossible to list all of the items here, so you can browse the range available at http://www.bromsgrov...m?categoryId=42

Latest products to reach the UK are working station lamps and Motive Power Depot storage and servicing units (both products recently reviewed in the modelling press), and working 4mm scale loco lamps/tail lights in white, red or red/white.

We are indeed - at least I'm intending to be! I have a problem with my knee and am waiting for keyhole surgery - Sod's Law says the date I will get will be Warley weekend! If that's the case the knee will have to wait!!

Stand A12

However, if there are particular things you want then it might be better to give me some idea of what it might be so that I can ensure I have the items in stock. I have already had a number of enquiries along these lines and customers have been putting in orders to collect during the weekend.

Good news, thanks. Will put together a list and send it up to you via pm if ok with you. Easier hiding things bought at shows than them arriving at home when I am away. The boss opens packages and then goes ballistic.

Am impressed with the new DCC Concepts Loco lights I had off you at Taunton. Very nice.

Thanks

TTG

• 5 weeks later...

Today we received a new range of products from DCC Concepts - exceptionally small pre wired NANO LEDs complete with resistors. These are available in Sunny and Golden White as well as red and red/white. The range has been extended to include pre-wired harness versions (complete with resistors soldered in) that can be used in model vehicles and for lighting in locos, e.g. ditch lights. With getting ready for Warley today I haven't had time to add the harness versions onto our web site but will try to do so in the next couple of days - they will be at Warley for anyone who would like to take a look at them!

See http://www.bromsgrov...m?categoryId=29

• 3 months later...

We now have the first elements of the Rolling Road product from DCC Concepts. These are the Active Rolling Roads with spacers for most popular modelling gauges. Each pack contains 6 pairs of top quality ball-bearing race fitted powered rollers and full sets of spacers to suit EM, P4, OO, HO, On30, HOn3-1/2 and HOm as well as 9mm/N track gauges.

For more details and pictures of the rolling road in use see http://www.dccconcep...ollingRoads.htm

To order see http://www.bromsgrov...m?categoryId=32

The Support Sets should be available some time towards the end of next month I hope.

• 4 months later...

We have just received today some new products from DCC Concepts - both back-back and roller gauges are now available in standard and finscale versions - see http://www.bromsgrov...m?categoryId=55

We have also received new LNER loco lamps, available in red or white lenses (LEDs) - see http://www.bromsgrov...m?categoryId=50 I'll update the photos when I can find a moment!

• 1 year later...

Latest offerings from DCC Concepts have just reached us today. They now produce the Cobalt point motor ready for use on DCC systems, having added an accessory decoder to the actual Cobalt. Obviously a bit more expensive than the standard cobalt but cheaper than buying separate accessory decoders.

Also available now is their new 4-function direct plug loco decoder. Like other decoders in the range they are available with or without stay alive, but all are pre-wired to enable this functionality. We only have these decoders WITH stay alive at the moment.

We also have the first of their production buffer stop with integrated light, this first batch being specifically for EM/P4 modellers.

Also recently arrived are table lamp lighting kits for use in pullmans and restaurant cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Best way to explain the new "DCC ready" Cobalts. So simple to wire and programme.

Simply explained, 2 wires straight into the DCC bus. Cobalt consume no power when not in use and very minimal when in use. Can also be used on DC with 12v regulated power. Again a fantastic product even acks like a loco decoder when programming and so user friendly but dont take my word for it I will leave that to the DCC experts on here when they get their hands on it.

No need for accessory decoder.

Better yet to come................

Martin

Hi

Just a heads up for anyone waiting for a email reply from DCC Concepts. Last Monday he got a couple of IT personnel in to fix some problems with his emails. As Richard explained it to me today they changed out some hard drives along with other things that needed to be fixed and their is now a huge conflict with digital signatures and windows. It sounded like these guys made it far worse

He has asked me to pass on firstly sorry for not replying but if you need anything urgent please ring him. He said he has 1000+ emails to get through and they just keep coming in.

Instructions will be up within the next week or so for the DCC ready Cobalts.

Cheers

Martin

Is the Cobalt point motor which is ready for use on DCC systems available as I am unable to find it on your website. Is this new unit the normal unit plus one of their accessory decoders or is it different? How much are you selling them for?

Regards,

Robin

Not sure why you couldn't find them! Just put "Cobalt Digital" into the search box in our internet store and you'll find them. There is also a direct link from our home page.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Best way to explain the new "DCC ready" Cobalts. So simple to wire and programme.

Simply explained, 2 wires straight into the DCC bus. Cobalt consume no power when not in use and very minimal when in use. Can also be used on DC with 12v regulated power. Again a fantastic product even acks like a loco decoder when programming and so user friendly but dont take my word for it I will leave that to the DCC experts on here when they get their hands on it.

No need for accessory decoder.

Better yet to come................

Martin

Hi guys,

Pretty new to DCC. Just bought 9cobalt digitals and installed 3 so far. My problem is that despite programming them individually, all 3 operate on each others address. My power supply is the Gaugemaster Prodigy. Any thoughts?

Are you sure the program button was in the SET position when you programmed them and that has now been returned to the RUN position?

Yes at first but it did not take. I spoke to the technical dept at Gaugemaster and I was advised to programme on the run setting and then switch to set and then back again. This worked for the first motor and the second but when I wired up the third motor that is when all 3 motors started working on all 3 of the addresses. Any further thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Yes at first but it did not take. I spoke to the technical dept at Gaugemaster and I was advised to programme on the run setting and then switch to set and then back again.

That suggests that the DCC board hasn't been connected up correctly to the switch. Did you get them from Gaugemaster?

• 2 weeks later...

Something a little different concerning a DCC Concepts loco decoder. I've fitted one to a Hornby 153 (I've completely rewired the DMU to remove the Hornby PCB so that I could fit interior lighting). With CV2 set to 0 it starts too fast. Before I upgraded it, it had a trainsave decoder and CV2 had to be 8 for it to start and then it would crawl along at an almost imperceivable speed. Is the BEMF too good?

The second observation is about the instruction manual. Pages 7 and 11 contradict each other about what CVs 36 and 37 do.

Archived