Locomotion FGW Class 43 'Harry Patch' - 'We will remember them'

Andy Y

I can't help but think a certain quote from Harry Patch's book would have been far more appropriate on the side of the power car: "I feel then, as I feel now, that the politicians who took us to war should have been given the guns and told to settle their differences themselves, instead of organising nothing better than legalised mass murder".

Just goes to show nothing has changed in a century.

I would very much like to buy this model but when I try to pay for it, having selected Europe for postage, the drop down list of countries does not include France! I raised this problem some months ago and was assured it would be rectified immediately, but it persists.

IT grumble aside, it is a great looking model and will hopefully grace my layout one day soon.

France is now back on the list! 

Courier delivery 8:30. From learning about its existence to having it on the rails = 3 days!

It is a thing of astonishing beauty. I have yet to put in a decoder so it hasn't run yet - I have just been staring and admiring it. I hope everyone who is buying one gets as much pleasure as I am.

Just ordered mine. When it arrives I will be leaving it in it's box!

As mentioned earlier, there's one on ebay for £279.99 already.  :O  :O  :O

Theres always some chancer, the question is whether there is someone daft enough to pay that for it when its readily available. On the same score theres a Bachmann Birch Grove on ebay for £225 (+£6 postage) while its readily available from the Collectors Club for far less even if you have to pay the membership.

• RMweb Premium

As ever Simon Kohler's e-mails are an example of decorous communication that others in the industry could well emulate.

Whilst the situation with regards not being able to donate a percentage of the profits to the RBL is unfortunate his donation is a splendid gesture.

I presume that the First Great Western legend was on the original design, but was omitted from the actual power car due to the GWR rebranding.

I don't envy anyone producing a limited edition model before the prototype has appeared.

Who is going to be the first person who dares to amend a £200 model?

Geoff Endacott

Mine has arrived, but was just left on the front step

Not a complaint, Sandra - just maybe something to pick up with UPS ( presuming they're sent 'signed for'?).

It's a great looking HST set.

Cheers

Ian

Hi Ian,

Yes they are supposed to be signed for. I'll ring UPS tomorrow and ask they do what they should and obtain a signature and leave safe. If you weren't in they should take it to a UPS access point near you so you can collect .

Cheers

Sandra

Mine arrived today ! Really pleased with it. Lovely surprise this being announced last Friday, well done to all at Hornby, Locomotion & FGW for making this happen so quickly. A new standard has been set !

22928183615_55a971ef4a_z.jpg1

Cheers

Marcus

Looking good!

Archived