MRJ 243

David Bigcheeseplant

How terribly modern of it. Will be looking to enter a civil partnership; or will only marriage do for such an august publication?

PS: GWJ 96 in WHS as well. Is this a record?

I sincerely hope its a magazine......

• RMweb Gold

Out, proud, and delivered!

Contents:

A Postcard from Culrain - Stuart Holt

Sidmouth - Richard Harper (spoiler alert - with trackplan. Oh, my cup runneth over)

Into the Distance - Gordon Gravett

Twin Compos - Tim Peacock

A Beginner's Turnout Kit for 2mm Scale - Mick Simpson

A Grand Day Out - Mick Simpson

Small Suppliers Forum

Letters

Diary

(And much to the Stationmaster's delight, no Christmas Competition)

• RMweb Gold

I cannot praise the standard of modelling on the 'Sidmouth' layout highly enough. It is superb work and truly inspirational.

Speaking from a biased view point I have to agree with that statement entirely.

Richard is one of our members and "Sidmouth" can be seen as a new year treat at our show on 20th Feb 2016 in Biggleswade.

http://ebmrs.org.uk/show.htm

Go on....you know you want to.....

As for 243, I was supposed to be working and couldn't put it down!

Mine popped through the door yesterday too. Very nice article on Sidmouth, as others have said (and a trackplan, too!) and Gordon G. on the Penpoul backscene - excellent! All in all, another good one - but no Christmas puzzle this time - unless I've missed it when I flicked through?

But if I were publicity manager for the Warley Show, I'd be pretty miffed about paying for a full page ad that didn't appear until after the show had closed! I know that we like to moan a bit about the perpetual late arrival of MRJ, but for advertisers there really is a serious problem here and the publishers need to get it sorted out; there isn't enough money around these days for advertisers to feel they can lay it out so lavishly for precisely no benefit!

......"Sidmouth" can be seen as a new year treat at our show on 20th Feb 2016 in Biggleswade.

http://ebmrs.org.uk/show.htm

Go on....you know you want to......

A nice drive up the A1(M). Ballyconnell Road (3mm scale, Irish broad gauge) is well worth seeing (again).

..... if I were publicity manager for the Warley Show, I'd be pretty miffed about paying for a full page ad that didn't appear until after the show had closed!....

Something which I think also happened to Scaleforum (or was it ExpoEM?) a good few years ago.

Still, it could have been something equally unhelpful, such as publishing the wrong dates in advance.

Anyhow, nothing in Ealing so far. It'll probably turn up on Thursday. Next Thursday.

• RMweb Gold

A nice drive up the A1(M). Ballyconnell Road (3mm scale, Irish broad gauge) is well worth seeing (again). 

Ballyconnell Road will be featuring in MRJ later next year.

I thought this was another excellent issue. It's the quality and presentation of layouts like Sidmouth which, for me, means that MRJ still stands out fom the rest.

Jerry

Much to my surprise, MRJ has turned up in Ealing today, and it's a Wednesday.

I see Mrs Trellis has written again.  :jester:

Can't understand why they publish those letters from Roger Lycett-Smith....the last few have just been a pointless precis of the previous issue in my opinion!

More Iike he's Iocked in a darkened room with orders!

You wiII write a Ietter an issue for MRJ!!

"Dear You and Yours

I'm concerned about the poles I've got holding my washing line up. I think they might actually be Ukrainians.

Yours sincerely. 

Mrs Trellis"

• RMweb Gold

Much to my surprise, MRJ has turned up in Ealing today, and it's a Wednesday.

I see Mrs Trellis has written again.  :jester:

Who is this Mr Lycette-Smith? Perhaps he should edit the thing for an issue instead of just writing letters!

"Dear You and Yours

I'm concerned about the poles I've got holding my washing line up. I think they might actually be Ukrainians.

Yours sincerely. 

Mrs Trellis"

Brilliant!

Archived