Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

Guest Digital

Was there myself today with Nick and I have to say the model is stunning. The attention to detail is fantastic and the sound quality is superb. Phillip Sutton and his team have done a fantastic job in bringing this model out.

John

OMG. That looks a peach, I dread the price but it will be worth it for a model like that.

Not sure of the normal price but existing loyal customers and friends could buy the analogue DC version for £160 today, Zimo sound fitted with 2 speakers was £260

• Like 3

This the diesel equivalent of Dapol's A4 then - we really are entering the realm of boutique models here, aren't we? 28 functions. 6 light and 22 sound functions I guess.

Could still benefit from laserglaze though! 

Edited by jonas
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hello.

My name is Kevin and I'm a class24-oholic.

I am afraid that will be unable to resist any of these that appear in blue with TOPS numbering. 

There. I've said it now.

Kev.

I went up there today as well and was very surprised at such a detailed release. One thing not mentioned is the name! Sutton's Locomotive Works - SLW. No plastic bogie chassis, but cast metal, full detail on the buffer beam. Twin speakers for the sounds with numerous sounds that you wouldn't normally expect to hear. The way the sound works in conjunction with acceleration etc., is very well produced. And now there's braking via a function key, allowing the "driver" to control how you bring the loco to a halt. Well done to Phil and Jamie with this new venture and every success going forward. For once an announcement on something new that you could actually buy there and then, but of course I wanted the sound version, so need to wait a few days. Tony.

• Like 3

This the diesel equivalent of Dapol's A4 then - we really are entering the realm of boutique models here, aren't we? 28 functions. 6 light and 22 sound functions I guess.

Could still benefit from laserglaze though! 

Because the lights on the real loco are 40w Tungsten bulbs that warm up when switched on and fade when turned off, the LED's fitted to the model do the same!

• Like 4

Because the lights on the real loco are 40w Tungsten bulbs that warm up when switched on and fade when turned off, the LED's fitted to the model do the same!

Wow. That's incredible! Can't wait to see some videos of this one in action.

Not sure of the normal price but existing loyal customers and friends could buy the analogue DC version for £160 today, Zimo sound fitted with 2 speakers was £260

In the ball park for what I would have expected, can't wait.

who manufactures them on behalf of rail exclusive? 

also, where was the launch, looking at the stock in the background i'm guessing barrowmore?

It was at Tarporley but Mostyn was set up there to play with. The 3D scanning man was there too saw your figures.