47798 In Royal RES

slg

With the loco being repainted at the start of the year I'm still surprised that they've not announced this yet!

Probably one of the smartest liveries I've seen on the class 47, I do hope that they might consider it soon.

There have been models of it done in the past in both royal RES and royal EWS so I dowt it will be available for a while.

Yes, one was done by Bachmann as a limited edition. Someone else would have to do the pair unless Bachmann were to go back on its word, as with the limited editions of "Green Arrow". I think it would be an uphill struggle trying to persuade a manufacturer to produce a niche model with one already produced.

RES Royal livery to my knowledge has only ever been done by Lima which shows how long ago it was done, EWS Royal livery has been done by Lima, Heljan and by 

Bachmann as a Locomotion limited edition, so the RES Royal livery could easily be done as another Locomotion limited edition as there are no words to actually go back on. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The previous one was possibly tagged onto the life-extended Class 47s releases with the Crewe-cut bufferbeams (47365, RES 47745, IC 47834) ... any future one might need tagging onto a similar catalogue Class 47 release when its produced at the factory.

Archived