Isle of Man Diecast loco and tram

PaulRhB

• RMweb Gold

Looks great - were I Oxford Rail I'd be sending London Transport Museum a free sample with a note pointing out Beyer Peacock also made a 4-4-0t...

I hope not, or I might have to model the West Somerset Mineral Railway, on top of all my other projects!

• RMweb Premium

Looks great - were I Oxford Rail I'd be sending London Transport Museum a free sample with a note pointing out Beyer Peacock also made a 4-4-0t...

Only the 4-4-0T? I would send a list of models I'd like to see.

Hmm no way of getting postage discount on multiple models?

Jon

I've only ordered the pair at £49, there is no mention of postage.

I don't. The photos I've seen of 3D prints put me off trying them!

First steps for me (as a buyer, not a designer, yet if ever). One model required sanding but had excellent instructions, the other no instructions but more detail - and compared well to resin bodies. Certainly encouraging.

[slightly more on topic.] I wonder how small a batch could be to make a diecast model viable for a preserved railway? Presumably these sell at £19.95 in the shop; at that price I'd imagine make a coach or smaller loco quite attractive as a mid-range purchase.

Only the 4-4-0T? I would send a list of models I'd like to see.

I've only ordered the pair at £49, there is no mention of postage.

The purchasing page won't open for me but I reached the shop by a different route.

Both are £42.00 plus £7.00 postage and packaging.

The steam locomotive is £19.95 plus £7.00 p&p and the tram is £24.95 plus £7.00 p&p.

It looks as though you made the right decision!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I've had an email from them saying they've had an issue with the system that is causing postage to be overcharged and they are refunding to correct it, mine was 75p! They also said they are arriving with them tomorrow now and will start going out the same day :)

• RMweb Premium

I had to resort to my ipad to get the order process to work. The verify button does absolutely nothing in Firefox on my PC.

When I opened the page, I just clicked on + and it then showed one of the item in the basket. I then clicked the basket and it took me to checkout. I too am on Firefox but the only problem I had was the lack of any instructions or guidance on how to make an order.

Edited by PhilJ W

• RMweb Gold

I'm still unable to open that link to the site?

It does seem very dependent on your browser.

I reckon that £20 is a bit much for the "average" tourist to pay, but they look cracking little models and I wonder who will be first to motorise one.

Ed

Well the RhB sell Bemo and Kato stuff in their shops and some of that clears £200!

Mind you someone's been listing a bag of Harz coal on eBay these last few weeks, no ones bid the starting price of 90p . . . Yet ;)

Still using XP Pro, fully updated and IE.

Stewart

I use Vista and I've noticed since the advent of Windows 10 that a lot of websites say that my browser is out of date and go wobbly. My browser is the latest IE for Vista. I have a machine with Windows 10 but I'm not looking forward to hooking it up. Post terminated for sake of mental health.

• RMweb Gold

Should that not be "who's going to discover that the inside is completely solid, and it's going to take serious grinding to make space for a motor?"

;) doubt it Ivan as it's diecast, it'd be a nightmare to cast as a solid lump and take ages to cool.

• RMweb Premium

I'm still unable to open that link to the site?

Stewart

Click on Nile's link in post # 2, select what you want and click on the + sign and a shopping basket will appear with a number one, indicating that you have ordered one of that item. If you want more than one click on the + sign again and the number will tell you how many you have ordered (there is also a minus sign in case you make a mistake.) Once you have decided on your purchase click on the shopping basket and that will take you to the checkout. I found it a bit tricky until I studied it as the instructions are none-existant.

OK, who is going to be the first to motorise the loco?

I did spend all the trip to and from Warley lobbying Dave Hammersley about doing a chassis kit, and he did observe that he started drawing the chassis for one about 20 years ago, so with a bit of luck there could be a Roxey etched chassis on route - best that more confirm to him that the demand is there.

jon