Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

RMweb Christmas Quiz 2015

Andy Y

Merry Christmas to everyone.

It's time for the traditional Christmas time-waster in the form of the 2015 Quiz.

Rather than making it a day-by-day process this year the whole quiz is a pdf download. Feel free to work through at leisure, some easy and some a little more challenging. Email your answers to info@rmweb.co.uk or PM me by the end of 31st December. 

Good luck!

http://rmweb.co.uk/Christmas_Quiz_2015.pdf

Merry Christmas Andy.

Either there is a small typo in your introduction, or have you made a special allowance for 'Chard when setting the quiz?

cheers

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!

garlic-bulbs-and-cloves.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, er, ah ... aghhh!  An interesting horrific mix of the very easy, the not too difficult, and the downright awkward - quite a lot of the total being in the latter camp of course (including one of the tunnels - the other five are very easy, fortunately).

Ah well we have a week or so to make fools of ourselves.

Thanks Andy, that's one good looking quiz.

Off to a flier and finished strongly, well, got the first and last ones, just need to fill in the rest!

That'll have to wait as we've a busy day ahead.

• RMweb Gold

Hmm, er, ah ... aghhh!  An interesting horrific mix of the very easy, the not too difficult, and the downright awkward - quite a lot of the total being in the latter camp of course (including one of the tunnels - the other five are very easy, fortunately).

Ah well we have a week or so to make fools of ourselves.

Not tunnel 4 by any chance? First one i recognised and first picture ive seen of it from that angle

• RMweb Gold

where am i: 4 out of 5

stations from the air: 3 out of 4

disused: 2 out of 5

rch: 1 out of 5

designed by: 1 out of 5

seaside: O (but have an idea about 2 of them)

loco crest: 1 out of 5

tunnels: 6 out of 6

edit: got one of the tunnels

edit: one more where am i

Sooo...

Firstly, Happy Christmas to everyone,

Second, I've got 37 answers that I'm happy with. I'm missing two of the aerial photos and one of the "disused" sites. I'm well chuffed with myself for getting that far.

On the tie breaker, are we supposed to take the length of tunnel #4 as the length of the longest of the three tunnels at the site, or the longest one that was a working tunnel when the photo was taken?

Jim

Ooh; good going. The tiebreak is there for if there is a draw in final scores (and a contingency beyond that). For No.4 it is the one in use in the picture.

Sorry, I made a mistake in my last post. I meant tunnel number 3, rather than number 4. As far as I've been able to find out the difference in length between the longest and shortest tunnels in #3 is enough to make a difference to the tiebreaker order.

Jim

• RMweb Gold

Ooh; good going. The tiebreak is there for if there is a draw in final scores (and a contingency beyond that). For No.4 it is the one in use in the picture.

I don't think I'll be troubling the tie break. I too stumbling with one of the stations from the air... anyone else intrigued with one or two of those maps (not the easy ones) ?

Griff

• RMweb Gold

I don't think I'll be troubling the tie break. I too stumbling with one of the stations from the air... anyone else intrigued with one or two of those maps (not the easy ones) ?

Griff

i cant get any of the maps, thought i had one right but no, stations from the air, just missing the terminus one

Archived