The Depots, Rosedale East.

Worsdell forever

• RMweb Gold

I will look forward to this layout.

I have had a sort of passing interest in the area since taking shelter at The Lion on a walk about 30 years ago.

After crashing out on one trip and ending up in York Hospital I finally rode the full east and west branches last year and visited the site of your proposed model.  

Eric

I too will watch this with interest. (while avoiding the accusing "gaze" of the j24 I've so far managed to inexplicably not build). I cycled a large part of the Rosedale complex about twenty years ago and have used Ruddland Rigg a fair few times for work - I've some very atmospheric pics shot in snow on that lane, that make it clear how bleak a place the west edge of the North Yorks Moors is when the weather decides to close down.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

......................................... so the viewer is forced to look up the hillside and feels like they are clinging to the side of the valley.

That's how I felt when I got blown off my mountain bike just below The Lion.

Edited by TheSignalEngineer
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

are you taking a wind machine to shows with this layout - the viewers need to feel the breeze from the valley...

In reality - looks good and hope it doesn't take too long to come to fruition.

Baz

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

are you taking a wind machine to shows with this layout - the viewers need to feel the breeze from the valley...

In reality - looks good and hope it doesn't take too long to come to fruition.

Baz

Shouldn't take too long, a third of the buildings are done! Ok, its the smallest but a third by numbers.
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Will it's debut be at the Land Of Goats show in July? I have a feeling that John will be pestering you to make a trip to Shipley in the not too distant future....

• RMweb Gold

Will it's debut be at the Land Of Goats show in July? I have a feeling that John will be pestering you to make a trip to Shipley in the not too distant future....

Don't think it'll be anywhere near ready for July. John's been pestering me for ages for a new layout.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Where is your sense of adventure? I seem to recall being pressurised into having The Mill ready to a tighter deadline than the competition it was destined for.....