LoadHaul 37s in Scotland

MrB

Hello All,

I'm hoping to find out how many LoadHaul 37s made it in to Scotland in the LoadHaul livery and not just under the operating company in another livery?

The reason being I recall being on a 158 passing through Montrose in the late '90s and I saw a flush fronted 37 in one of the yards and didn't catch the loco number. If anyone has a good idea of the number or even a photo it would be much appreciated? I'm hoping it was on the Thompson Maglime train using the PTAs. I have a friend who is scratch building these for me and would like to have a LoadHaul 37 on it.

Regards and thanks

Roy

Hi Mark,

It was either 37 or 47 from Tinsley and latterly was 66s traction on the Maglime from Ferryhill , the recent article in Rail Express Modeller shows a 37 in construction sub-sector working under the LoadHaul Pre-Privatised section.

I wasn't sure what the Loadhaul 37 was in Montrose for, but I suspect it was for the Maglime as this was the only regular traffic.

Regards

Roy

• 2 months later...

Roy,

Loadhaul 37s were regular visitors to Montrose in the mid to late 90s .

Living just down the road from you, this was a working I saw on a regular basis before I set off for work.

In 1995 the usual northbound working was ......:

6S71 12.03 (TThO) Thrislington to Montrose/Inverurie (through Carnoustie at a very convienient (for me) 07.54.

Normal load was 3,  4 or sometimes all 5 of the JQA Thomson tipplers .....  sometime with the addition of FPA container flats with Cawoods Coal boxes.

...if you have particular dates in mind I could probably ID the loco but suffice to say all variety of liveries appeared on this ......  images I have to hand, show Loadhaul, Mainline, undercoat white! in addition to all manner of Railfreight sectors right up to EWS.

HTH

Jim

Hello Jim,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't have a date in mind, it was just any Loadhaul 37 which was on the 6S71 working you mentioned. However your response has made me greedy for more than just Loadhaul locos, the only photos I have are of EWS 66s. It was due to a recent article in the magazine Rail Express which reminded my of the working and that a friend is looking to model these from scratch when time permits. When these workings were operated I was never in Montrose to see them or was at School or College.

If you could please supply me with numbers of the Loadhaul 37s I would be grateful? Dates are not particularly important.

Best Regards

Roy

Roy,

Loadhaul 37s were regular visitors to Montrose in the mid to late 90s .

Living just down the road from you, this was a working I saw on a regular basis before I set off for work.

In 1995 the usual northbound working was ......:

6S71 12.03 (TThO) Thrislington to Montrose/Inverurie (through Carnoustie at a very convienient (for me) 07.54.

Normal load was 3,  4 or sometimes all 5 of the JQA Thomson tipplers .....  sometime with the addition of FPA container flats with Cawoods Coal boxes.

...if you have particular dates in mind I could probably ID the loco but suffice to say all variety of liveries appeared on this ......  images I have to hand, show Loadhaul, Mainline, undercoat white! in addition to all manner of Railfreight sectors right up to EWS.

HTH

Jim

Archived