OntraXS! 2016, Utrecht, NL

milocomarty

Hi all,

We as a team know that a lot of you are anxious waiting fot the layouts to be seen on the OntraXS! 2016 show. We as a team worked hard to profide you the visitor with another selection of high class, top notch layouts shown in a magnificent environment the National Railway Museum in Utrecht.

Hereby we present you the list for the layouts that will appear on the show this year. With the name of the builder, the name, scale and where it’s situated :

1   Gerbrand Haans             Kaloonga                        H0e     Australië               

2   Gerard van der Weijer    Weingut Vogelensang       H0e     Duitsland                      

3   Michael Kirsch               Elitze-Hafen                     N        Duitsland                       

4   Franz Rittig                   Franzburger Heidebahn     H0      Duitsland                      

5   Michel Kohler                Chemin de Fer de Bertoud 0e       Frankrijk                          

6   Peter Goss                    The Worlds End                H0      Engeland                          

7   Fredy Coenen               The Fridge                        H0       Amerika                        

8   MSM Roermond             Stirmouth & Southern       0N30    Amerika                     

9   Gerrit Schoenmaker       Western Rhapsody            H0       Amerika                      

10   Hans Peters                   Berekvam                      H0       Noorwegen

11   Jan van Munster            CFV Colombier-le-Vieux   H0m     Frankrijk                     

12   Mike Carter                   Red Hook Bay                 H0       Amerika                          

13   Roderik Vanderkelen      Boilliere                         N         België                                                   

14   Steef van der Straeten    Midsommar pa Hogskogen H0      Zweden                       

15   Lech Lewinski                Polska Makieta                H0        Polen                       

16    Didier Mozer                 Trinca-Vecnou                0/0e      Frankrijk                         

17   Hans Louvet                  Klutz                             H0        Duitsland                        

18   Eric Goasdoué               La Gare de Primeri          H0         Frankrijk                 

19   Tjorben Fleckner           Beyenburg                      N          Duitsland                        

20   Ulrich Slovig                 Beautiful South Africa       H0        Zuid Afrika                                 

21   Ton Trip                       Tripton by Sea                 0          Engeland     (Scale 7 layout)                            

22   Phillippe Gabard            Larosse Harbouw             H0        Frankrijk                                            

23   Torsten Freyer               Suffridge                        00        Engeland                     

24   Claude Fandel               23rd Avenue industries     P48      Amerika                          

25   Alexander Lehmann       Kleinrhauderfehn             TT        Duitsland                        

26   Bernard Junk                VEB Baustoffenkombinat    IIf        Duitland                          

27   Jack Treves                   Aerial pickles                   0n18    Amerika     

Volker Geritz                 Demonstrations  module Plettenberger Kleinbahn in spoor II          

Commercial participants, importers and manufacturers:

1   N spoor store

2   AVT Products

3   Van den Burg beeldproducties

4   Maclean Preiser

5   DB Bahnshop

6   Modeltreinexpress

7   HobbyTime BV

8   Anita Decor

9   TSD/ESU

10 Godfather Models & Supply

11 Colle 21 - Hobbimex

12 EpokeModeller Aps

13 TILLIG Modellbahnen GmbH

14 Raboesch models

15 Mazero (Marion Zeller)

16 Roco/Fleischmann

17 Proxxon

18 Gebr. Marklin & cie GmbH

19 Artitec

20 Markenburg

21 Pijp-lines

22 Modelspoormagazine

23 Stoom Stichting Nederland

24 Vrienden van Het Spoorwegmuseum

25 Scaletrading/PIKO

26 Modelbus.nl

27 Horstermodelbouwwereld

28 Digikeijs

29 Magnorails

30 Railzminiworld

31 Railmagazine

32 Modelspoor-shop

33 Railhobby

34 Bentink Apeldoorn

35 Kuijpers HobbyHuis

36 Smalspoor Nederland

37 PicommIT

38 NVBS

We hope to welcome you on this years edition, 11,12 and 13 march 2016

Team OntraXS:

Ronald Halma

Martin Welberg

Chris van Diesen

National Railway Museum:

Jelle Rijnhout

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry, you won't see me coming through those doors* :no:  And as long-time member of a modular layout club I don't usually run trains at home :P

As much as you can post your announcement, I can inform your prospective punters on what to expect and what not. You may (and clearly are) disagree with my tempering of expectations, but in a way, visitors' experience can only be better if they don't expect too much :yes:

*for multiple reasons, but not discussed here!

This thread concerns what will be the eighth "OnTraXs" event.

Has the person above making these anonymous comments attended any of the previous seven?

If not are these comments fair or valid?

Christopher Payne

This is one event I would like to visit and I can highly recommend going onto youtube doing a search for OnTrax as each year the German folks from Eisenbahn Romantik do at least one half an hour programme.  Also you will find many other video clips on there.

This was where you first got to see the HO scale working cyclist peddling along the road.  Many of the interesting layouts have ventured over the water to Wakefield and Warley.

Friends in Hull often exhibit in Holland and Germany as the ferry to Belgium and Netherlands sails each night getting there for breakfast.

So good to see that some comments are made on pre judgement and personal jealous grieves..

For me as a so called type of modeler that does not model attended the show 2 times with a layout. The first time in 2012, the second time in 2014 and 2013 / 2015 I did demonstrations before I took a seat in the organisation.

It's indeed quit different from a normal train show, we do expect and have some criteria about the presentation of the layout. It's not that hard, just skirt, own lights and a valance. Pretty heavy criteria but the way we like it. For the rest it's sometimes hard for modelers and clubs to understand that the show is on invite only, although we look through all mails and pictures that they send us. Besides that there are 3 so called modelers that do not model in the organisation. Ronald, Chris and myself are constantley on the search for layouts and visit a great couple of shows a year for scouting. For instance we did invite Black Country Blues and pittied the fact that they didn't want to come over the pond  but respect their decision.

In the next couple of week I will try to post pictures of the layout shown. And if you can find time please come over and judge for youselfs !

Regards Martin

• 1 month later...
Guest 40-something

I'll need to get myself over to Utrecht for the next show, I've been to a couple of European shows and the quality of modeling is incredible.  No put down to modellers on this side of the channel but I do think layouts on the Euro circuit generally put more into presentation then we do here (including myself, although Im trying to redress that with my current layout)

This is one event I would like to visit and I can highly recommend going onto youtube doing a search for OnTrax as each year the German folks from Eisenbahn Romantik do at least one half an hour programme.  Also you will find many other video clips on there.

This was where you first got to see the HO scale working cyclist peddling along the road.  Many of the interesting layouts have ventured over the water to Wakefield and Warley.

Friends in Hull often exhibit in Holland and Germany as the ferry to Belgium and Netherlands sails each night getting there for breakfast.

I can count myself as one of those "Friends from Hull" and can say every trip I have made into Europe has been an adventure. Some exhibitions have required vast distances to be driven and one was a shorter drive than my local show. Sure you see a variety of exhibition standards but that's what it's all about. The Germans could not understand why my rolling stock was weathered.

Said ferry service has now realised that "vans" are just cars with no rear windows and are not always used for commercial reasons. This has made layout transport a lot easier.

If a show or a layout is not to one's taste then do as the song says "Walk on by" and don't "Wait at the corner".

Archived