NEW PRODUCTS FOR 2016/7?

Crepello

• RMweb Premium

Just found these dates under the Bachmann heading;--

Hornby 29 February

Bachmann 1March (''lunchtime'').

Edited by Andy Y
Title edit - it sounded like it would be something of use. It isn't.

• RMweb Premium

Hornby probably have their usual spoilers lined up to be 'leaked' via social media to take some wind out of Bachmann's sails.  Some will say this is silly but lets face it, they got form for it!!!

Presumably both Bachmann (OO) and Farish (N) announcements will be the same day?

Edited by John M Upton

I know that Bachmann/Farish are announcing on March 1st, at around lunchtime.

The Hornby date baffles me.

Other way round, 29 February is a Monday, so Tuesday 01 March

Good one on Hornby, using it as day that only comes round even less often (ie a Monday as a 29 February)

• RMweb Premium

Is there actually a Hornby announcement? You sure it's not someone being a touch ironical? Hornby did make an announcement last year just ahead of Bachmann but I haven't seen anything mentioning this year

Edited by Legend

Don't won't to burst any balloons, or rain on parades etc, but I thought that the original poster who suggested a Hornby announcement on the 29th was making a 'tongue in cheek' joke about Hornby possibly having a spoiler announcement on that day, just before Bachmann's announcement on the 1st March, of their development of warp drive, available in 2050 or thereabouts.

One I think I can guarantee won't be present is the following-

A "loose" centre trailer for the class 101 in green or blue.

Although all 4-car class 101 sets supplied new as 4-car sets had the brake in one of the two centre trailers and Motor Composites at both ends, there WERE a few sets that started off as three-car and became 4-car sets using trailers released when other three-car sets were reformed to meet a demand for power twins.

"New" 4-car sets were DMC + TBS + TS (or TBuffet) + DMC.  "Re-formed" 4-car sets were DMBS + TS + TS + DMC.   The present Farish 3-car is DMBS (powered) + TS + DMC (dummy).

A "loose" centre trailer would allow a 4-car set to be made.  It would also allow those less bothered about having the right gubbins beneath the underframe to make their two car sets up into 3-cars.

Not likely to be a huge seller BUT the development and tooling costs are effectively ZERO, as the car is already tooled and all parts of the packaging exist except for the label and catalogue number.....

Les

(It looks as if I'll have to keep looking for a spare TS or two on eBay....)

Edited by Les1952
  • Like 1

Just found these dates under the Bachmann heading;--

Hornby 29 February

Bachmann 1March (''lunchtime'').

Where has this 'Hornby date' come from?

As 87029 has said the Bachmann/Farish announcements will be on 1st March; around 13.00 I believe.

• RMweb Gold

I find it harder to get excited about announcements these days than i used to.

Mainly because most things that are announced are at least a year away from the shops, quite often more.

Still waiting for the Bachmann Coal Tank announced mid 2014.

And usually by the time they hit the shops the prices go up.

And yet small operations can cope, eg The new class 24. Announced one month and in my collection less than two months later.

Ok, so that operation is worlds apart from the size of Bachmann and Hornby (but so is the model), but we seem to have got into this rush of manufacturers trying to claim future modelling subjects before someone else claims it. And then sometimes have them both produce the same model anyway !!

Edited by Garry D100

• RMweb Gold

There is a revision to both dates now.

Both Bachmann and Hornby have agreed to announce details of forthcoming releases, 2016/2017, at 1200 midday on the 1st April 2016.

Rob.

Can we start wishlisting yet then?? :jester:

Cheers

Mark

think that's outside of most members' remit.  think the last wishlist or whatever some prefer to term it (but that's what indeed it is) was started by The Stationmaster, Coachmann or one of the other more long standing members.  last years may have started late the previous year so its fair to start one now id say.   me?  I wouldnt waste my time if it was met with a "locked" icon in minutes.

Edited by ThaneofFife

I find it harder to get excited about announcements these days than i used to.

Mainly because most things that are announced are at least a year away from the shops, quite often more.

I appreciated the announcement a few years ago

I had plans for a layout for Glasgow Queen Street, and as a result was able to suspend my plans, although I had already started and completed five DBSO

I did not have long to wait for the Dapol / C&M Models Mark 3A ScotRail coaches

It was a "long" wait for the 47/7

This was then joined by an updated 37/4, which arrived before the 47/7  

Sadly the Farish version of the DBSO has been put back, and ironically may be announced again this year!

I am not expecting to see many new releases over this year and next year, as I know their strategy is to go back and update previous DC releases to DCC

As an example the Class 150/2 has still not been released, and is due April

Sadly the opportunity has not been taken to update the Class 158, and is also due around the same time as a DC version