New Kernow Ltd Ed: Bachmann Class 37, 37672, RfD, Weathered

BR(S)

Correct me if I'm wrong,

And I hope to the fullest extent I am, but that KMRC shot has 672 without the extra bars on the cantrail louvred that the real one had ?

This was why when Bachmann originally did 672 it limited the renumber options I think ?

Please tell me I'm wrong....

STOP PRESS !

Just checked KMRC Facebook page - someone else was querying the cock up,

Apparently the bars are there they just don't show up in the photo for some reason,

So all should be well !

If you look at the picture in the DCC Sound Fitted link (http://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/51693/32-384ZDS-Bachmann-Class-37-Diesel-Locomotive-number-37-672), the dividing bars are visible.  They don't show up in the one I linked to for some reason. 

Edited by BR(S)

Strange... Looking at the photos on their website I would say there are 2 pics of different models. One has the cantrail grille dividers and no dividers in the nose grilles at either end, whilst the other has no dividers in cantrail grilles but dividers in nose grilles at both ends. I wonder if one was a livery mockup and the other the final goods? I struggle to believe that they just don't show in the photo given so clear in one and absent in other and photos taken at same angle and conditions... Unless photos have been adjusted?

But here's the catch... As far as I can tell (and someone may prove me wrong) neither is correct for 672. She should have cantrail dividing grilles but on nose grilles she should have dividers at left hand end only as you look at side, with no dividers on grilles at right hand end. Bach got this right on their original 672 (I know as when renumbered I tried to add dividers on right hand end... Poorly only to realise machine I was trying to model shouldn't have had cantrail dividers... D'oh). Checking photos on web this seems to be case though may have changed over life of machine?

Agree this (if photo depicts final model) isn't same body moulding that would have been used for Olivia's 37405 but wonder whether this was slotted into production slot when 405 cancelled. Looks to be available immediately with no prior announcement...

M

Agree with the nose end grills. Various photos on Flickr show the No1 end drivers side is the only nose end set which are the original divided grills and the other 3 sets are the refurbished type with no dividers.

No idea which are the final photos, just have to wait and see, at least if incorrect the grills can be replaced with etches.

Regards

Roy

Strange... Looking at the photos on their website I would say there are 2 pics of different models. One has the cantrail grille dividers and no dividers in the nose grilles at either end, whilst the other has no dividers in cantrail grilles but dividers in nose grilles at both ends. I wonder if one was a livery mockup and the other the final goods? I struggle to believe that they just don't show in the photo given so clear in one and absent in other and photos taken at same angle and conditions... Unless photos have been adjusted?

But here's the catch... As far as I can tell (and someone may prove me wrong) neither is correct for 672. She should have cantrail dividing grilles but on nose grilles she should have dividers at left hand end only as you look at side, with no dividers on grilles at right hand end. Bach got this right on their original 672 (I know as when renumbered I tried to add dividers on right hand end... Poorly only to realise machine I was trying to model shouldn't have had cantrail dividers... D'oh). Checking photos on web this seems to be case though may have changed over life of machine?

Agree this (if photo depicts final model) isn't same body moulding that would have been used for Olivia's 37405 but wonder whether this was slotted into production slot when 405 cancelled. Looks to be available immediately with no prior announcement...

M

Maybe they just kept it quiet till it was ready.

Interesting about the olivias - that would make sense if they were in fact trying to fit a prototype to the body moulding rather than vice versa.

I can't believe they would choose to model a 3 TG engine with a number that's already been done

M

37 672 was as RSH build so should have cantrail grille supports/dividers, although it is strange how some photos of the model show them, others not ? 

As for the nose end grills, Drivers side nose grilles at both ends should have the central divider, both second man's side grilles being plain with no divider.