The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Premium

I do like your green FYN Terrier, I must admit getting a Dapol 7mm one with IoW finish and SR paint, mainly because it was going cheap because of some minimal scratches, and I’ve been scratching my head how to run it. (and it is a beautiful runner) The one you’re showing has the big bunker, which I don’t think happened until SR days, and it’s kept the condenser pipes, which had been removed, but I’m of a mind to forget about such niggles when I look at your computer simulation.

• Like 1

The IOW Bunker and Condenser Pipes are on there as default for the FYN livery, but the game does allow you to alter those to original bunker (Or any permutation of coal rails!) and no condenser pipes (or air pump, should you deem that inappropiate!).

The big bunker is helpful for people like me who are hopeless at firing a loco!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

That's a beautiful painting! Inspiring for me in the sense that I have the drawings for a B1, soo...

attachicon.gifStall.png

A shot showing the steepness of the gradient!

attachicon.gifBanking.png

And the two terriers taking the train up the hill towards Watchingwell. I'll probably detach the IWC Terrier at Ningwood, where it can top its tanks up with the water crane. Also, I want to post a shot of the pair over Calbourne Viaduct! Unless anyone recommends keeping the IWC loco further on to Yarmouth or even Freshwater? I can't think why, but there may be some gradients I've forgotten about!

You do know that the BoT requires the brake pipes to be connected, and for passenger stock to actually have brake gear, don't you?

Andy G

• Like 1

Might need to 'complain' to Victory Works (The content creators) about the lack of brakes on the coaches... that said, some models of these coaches also appear to lack brakes?

Naughty train crew though: not connecting up the hoses! Mind you, the lack of brakes on the coaches would render this useless until the second loco was attached! I'll see if a handbrake was modelled in the guard's compartment. I don't think it was, so maybe the prototypes somehow lacked brakes? I highly doubt it... as you say, the BoT wouldn't allow the line to even be opened if its passenger stock was unbraked!

Thanks... I thought it was a T-Something (4-coupled - it's good guess...

A T7 or an E10, same sort of thing but a tad later, were actually four cylinder 4-2-2-0s. All were considered "not very good" and lived in the dark corners of Loco sheds where nobody usually went. The idea was they would have the free running of single wheelers without the friction of coupling rods. They also had different valve gear for the inside cylinders (Stephenson's) and outside cylinders (Joy's), Drummond tried this again on some of his 4-6-0s substituting Walschaerts for the Joy gear, once again "not very good". It may be that Drummond wasn't very good with more than two cylinders but I doubt if anyone would have told him that!

CAT 

I need to get some drawings for some of the older Beattie Classes to do as 3D Models... I'll start with an original well tank... see how many people outside of the Pre-Grouping section recognise it... maybe post it in one of the BR Sections 'By Mistake'... class 37 group, perhaps?! :O

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately not.

Some rather major issues in my personal life have hit the mojo pretty hard. I did however design some transfers over the weekend!!! I have printed them out, but I haven't actually put them on anything yet. I will happily supply them to people once I know they fit!!

So no update yet, but hopefully soon!!!

Gary

Unfortunately not.

Some rather major issues in my personal life have hit the mojo pretty hard. I did however design some transfers over the weekend!!! I have printed them out, but I haven't actually put them on anything yet. I will happily supply them to people once I know they fit!!

So no update yet, but hopefully soon!!!

Gary

That does remind me, you and I need to talk transfers.

If I manage to get the track laid, the turnouts working and the electirckery working, I feel a long-postponed stock building binge will be the result!

Hang in there.

• RMweb Gold

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their messages / ratings. It is a rather difficult time for me at the moment, however it is something that I will with time recover from, and for a change it is not health related. In the meantime your support means a lot!!

Now for an actual update!!! What can I say. Retail Therapy is a great help!!!! and for that I must thank Sarahagain for the PM she sent earlier, everyone else can wait until my new toy arrives to see what it is!!!!!!

In the meantime it seems to have got the mojo flowing again, and I have started to use the transfers that I have made!!

They are currently setting properly and will need a coat of varnish, and maybe the edges touching up tomorrow, but we see the beginnings of what I have worked on!

post-22762-0-42478300-1518564006_thumb.jpg

So this is the first of the locos I have done, there are more, but you will have to wait for those!!!

You will notice my camera seems to have captured the fact that the colours on the transfers matching that of the paint!! I hope it carries on managing this!!

So while only a small update, the fact I have managed some modelling today marks a huge step forward right now!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

• Like 5

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their messages / ratings. It is a rather difficult time for me at the moment, however it is something that I will with time recover from, and for a change it is not health related. In the meantime your support means a lot!!

Now for an actual update!!! What can I say. Retail Therapy is a great help!!!! and for that I must thank Sarahagain for the PM she sent earlier, everyone else can wait until my new toy arrives to see what it is!!!!!!

In the meantime it seems to have got the mojo flowing again, and I have started to use the transfers that I have made!!

They are currently setting properly and will need a coat of varnish, and maybe the edges touching up tomorrow, but we see the beginnings of what I have worked on!

attachicon.gifIMG_20180213_225226.jpg

So this is the first of the locos I have done, there are more, but you will have to wait for those!!!

You will notice my camera seems to have captured the fact that the colours on the transfers matching that of the paint!! I hope it carries on managing this!!

So while only a small update, the fact I have managed some modelling today marks a huge step forward right now!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

Excellent job there, Gary

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I agree with Chris - Can't do ratings at the moment because I'm having to use my phone.

At the bottom of the page, you can chose to switch to the web version, and then you can do these sorts of things. IMO the “phone version” of the software is much more limited than it needs to be, but there’s not a lot anyone can do about it.