The Oak Hill Branch - LBSCR / SECR 1905ish - New layout starts on page 129

• RMweb Premium

Beautiful work with those transfers Gary   nyZaJwU.gif

I hope things improve for you soon.  Health issues can be bad enough as I well know, but when combined with the circumstances of one's life going pear shaped as well it can all get a bit too much.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Killian!!

Another beautiful picture! You'll have me taking Oak Hill back another 50 years at this rate!!!!!

I am getting there. It helps that I have plenty of things to take my mind off real life! Including artwork like this!

Gary

• Like 6

I hope things start looking up for you soon Gary, in the interim, I always find a bit of pre grouping artwork lifts the spirits

It would have been a train not unlike this, probably with that very class of Crampton in charge, that was subjected to the first Great Train Robbery (later inventively fictionalised in print and on celluloid, but actually based on a real-life mid-Victorian heist).

Hooped skirts not ideal for sitting on a stile.

As ever, I defer to your greater expertise .....

• Like 1

Observation, not experience...

Then you must mix in strange and interesting circles, or, rather, hoops.

Then there were those theories about where John Brown had got to when you could no longer see him ....

Edited by Edwardian
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh look a topic needing dragging back on topic!!!!

Luckily I have just the thing!!!!

My new arrival!!!!

Fresh from Hatton's!!!!

With thanks to a link from Sarahagain!!!!

I finally have something I should have had a long time ago!!!!

Yes it is an....

post-22762-0-54182000-1518977440_thumb.jpg

....LBSC Umber E4!!!!

and it was only £80 brand new!!!!

Right now that we have an on topic post, I had best go and get on with something on Brighthelmstone again!!!!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

• Like 13

• RMweb Premium

Quick I'd better drag it off topic again then....

Here's an update on 15050. I've now added the cab sides and the bunker flairs. I've also squared off the tank tops, and extended them at the front (adding little bits of lead inside the plasticard... every little helps!) and filed out the spectacles so that they are square. I'm not sure she had the bogie splashers last time, but she does now.

post-8375-0-86715900-1518978575.jpg

post-8375-0-33509500-1518978614.jpg

post-8375-0-54391000-1518978623.jpg

post-8375-0-60692200-1518978645.jpg

So that leaves the cab roof, and then the cab interior to do, some filling and the chassis to detail, should be done by Christmas!

Andy G

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Nope, its just a bodge of a terrier and as I started mentioning it here, I thought I'd drop in and give updates... Its 15050, ex HR, so from a little further north of the Thames.

Andy G

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Pre-dates Dunrobin, this being a Jones design, although clearly based on Stroudley's Lochgorm terriers (which the A1 class was based on). She lasted well putting in nigh on 50 years of work before being cut up, which isn't bad for a one off. Originally a saddle tank, she was rebuilt as a side tank fairly quickly.

Just a chance glance through a book and I caught in the corner of the eye a picture of her looking just like a terrier, and with a bit of digging, I found that she really was very close, so an old K's terrier was bought and the bodging commenced... I'll do a full write up in my loco thread at some point and she'll also appear in the k's loco thread at some point too.

Andy G

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good news!! I didn't put the Terrier away and forget about it so I have another update!!!!

Before I put the Terrier back together I thought I should give it a crew! So out came the AC Stadden Edwardian Loco crew.

post-22762-0-57091600-1519156254_thumb.jpg

Including postage this pack is cheaper than the newly announced Hattons P Class crew!! and it has 3 locos worth! and they can be posed, and have correct details!!

So I choose some parts and put a driver and fireman together.

post-22762-0-45023700-1519156781_thumb.jpg

And with a bit of paint we had a crew for the Terrier

post-22762-0-25338600-1519156783_thumb.jpg

post-22762-0-29272600-1519156786_thumb.jpg

With the crew put together it was time to reassemble the loco, so I now have quite a good looking, SE&CR Tank engine stud!

post-22762-0-21619600-1519156788_thumb.jpg

The workbench is currently covered with bits for Brighthelmstone but I may get some more Oak Hill bits on there as well!!

Thanks for looking, hope you enjoyed,

Gary

• Like 12

• RMweb Premium

A very fine looking group of tank engines they are too.  I like the SECR livery as applied to their tank engines.  It always seemed to me to have an air of solid practicality about it that's very appealing.

• Like 2