Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

Photo

Castle Aching

Pre-Grouping Norfolk Light Railway GER M&GN Freelance OO Card Modelling RTR Conversion

• Please log in to reply
5306 replies to this topic

#5301 Compound2632

Compound2632

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 999 posts
  • LocationReading, UK

Posted Yesterday, 20:15

Excellent.

Less ironmongery, save for the galleries, but in days past I spent an unconscionable amount of time here:

Not bad for a law library - but for a ceiling to keep your mind off your studies, not a patch on philosophy or even theology...

• Like x 4

Google Ads are only seen by non-members of RMweb - Create an RMweb account and you'll only receive modelling ads.

#5302 Donw

Donw

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6,790 posts
  • LocationMinehead

Posted Yesterday, 22:26

Delighted to see you making progress on the baseboards.

Don

• Agree x 2
  • Thanks x 1

#5303 Edwardian

Edwardian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,840 posts
  • LocationLand of the Prince Bishops

Posted Today, 11:19

Actually, there is, now, a base board.

That's only taken 17 months.

I now have to think about track laying.  DonW's excellent Templotting means I have to hand-build all the points.

Gulp.

Now, finally, we can clearly see the plan unfold.

The station is set at an angle to the wall/boards, as this increases the length and brings it to the foreground.  The element of genius (ahem) is in having the very end of the line over-lap the door frame slightly.  This allows the viewer the opportunity to sit on the stop-blocks, as it were, and look right down the line, under the overall roof and see the rest of the scenic portion curve away behind, with the keep of the castle right at the back.. That is the 'vision' or mental picture that started the project.

I find, much to my delight, that it is even possible to view the far side of a train obliquely from this position.

I suspect the thing to do will be to de-mount the station board and bring it into the house for track-laying in due course.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3638.JPG
  • DSC_3642.JPG
  • DSC_3645.JPG
  • DSC_3650 - Copy.JPG
  • DSC_3649.JPG
  • DSC_3635 - Copy.JPG

Edited by Edwardian, Today, 11:24 .

• Like x 12
  • Friendly/Supportive x 1

#5304 Hesperus

Hesperus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted Today, 11:37

This is going to look fantastic.

• Like x 2
  • Agree x 2
  • Thanks x 1

#5305 BG John

BG John

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,584 posts
  • LocationWest Wales

Posted Today, 12:57

A nice sharp corner to bump into whenever someone walks through the door ;).

#5306 Nearholmer

Nearholmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4,352 posts
  • LocationBirlstone

Posted Today, 13:50

Vision to reality, brilliant!

Looks to me as if the LBSCR got there first, naturally so, it being the real Premier Line.

K
  • Thanks x 1
  • Like x 1

#5307 Caley Jim

Caley Jim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationBiggar, South Lanarkshire

Posted Today, 15:09

The station is set at an angle to the wall/boards, as this increases the length and brings it to the foreground.  

I always feel it helps the aesthetics when tracks don't run parallel with the baseboard edge, especially at either end of the layout.

Jim

• Agree x 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Pre-Grouping, Norfolk, Light Railway, GER, M&GN, Freelance, OO, Card Modelling, RTR Conversion