OO Gauge-BR (WR) Toad Brake Van Markings

Are there any references in the book below for ex-Cambrian vans?

http://lightmoor.co.uk/view_book.php?ref=L9976

I couldn't say, not having the book.

If there is an interest in BR-WR transfers for GWR constituent pre-grouping brakevans, I would need twenty pairs of authentic allocations / van numbers.

These should ideally be supported by photos, so that the layout of the lettering can be correct.

Over to you and other interested parties.

Regards,

John.

I can provide you with pics of the Pwllheli van no problem, the Portmadoc one in GW days can be done too. (Both were scrapped in 1957). I'm not actually aware of any other absorbed brake vans lasting to BR service, though all the Cambrian ones got GWR numbers (See attached).

attachicon.gifCambrakevans.pdf

Thank you for the .pdf.

I count four vans as having survived Nationalisation; though a couple were only for two years or so.

I am surprised that the allocation of 8780 is given as TYWYN; the anglicised spelling of TOWYN was universally used in the 1940s / 50s / 60s, in the same way that the current PORTHMADOG was always PORTMADOC.

I'm afraid that I cannot produce transfers for just four vans - the smallest sheet that I can print is A6 !!

Sorry,

John.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the .pdf.

I count four vans as having survived Nationalisation; though a couple were only for two years or so.

I am surprised that the allocation of 8780 is given as TYWYN; the anglicised spelling of TOWYN was universally used in the 1940s / 50s / 60s, in the same way that the current PORTHMADOG was always PORTMADOC.

I'm afraid that I cannot produce transfers for just four vans - the smallest sheet that I can print is A6 !!

Sorry,

John.

My second sheet of WR brake van Transfers arrived today and I only ordered them yesterday while the paint was drying on another 3 Toads! A first class product quick. Now with darker blue back ground to help old folk like me see better where to cut.

Thanks John

• 4 years later...