Anyone insane enough to have followed this saga from the outset might remember that an early sketch included the iconic bus on a bridge ......

This is the Blue Peter cardboard version of the bridge, until I have time to make the plywood one. Not quite finished, but not far off.

t

Guilty as Charged. I'm definitely a Fruit and Nut Case!!!!!

Paul 4475

Zomboid - your immense contribution has very definitely not been forgotten. Watch the "character" thing, though; that's how I got reeled in!

FF34F - playing with toy trains has the soothing affect that would be experienced if attending a very, very posh asylum. Just remember which constituency has been put in charge.

K

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

All change please!

This thread terminates here!

All change!

Yes, that includes you - go on, and take that empty gin bottle with you, Missus!

All change!

Anyone wantin' to go past 'ere will 'ave to get on the new thread ...... yus, that one dahn there, under me signature.

• 4 months later...

I would say 8 feet long is small for 0 gauge. I'm interested to see what you do as I have an O gauge diesel shunter but nothing at home to run it on.

Minimum size all depends on view point.

A viewing of the jewel that is Brierly Canal Road might be worth mentioning being basically a right hand point and three pieces of track.

Scaling this up to suit Peco O-gauge set-track needs a baseboard (Boxfile?) of about 1200mm x 400mm x 400mm without chopping the set-track segments.

Building to O-gauge makes this a layout(?) that is right in ya face.

Operationally limited but a working Diorama/Cameo line to expand the potential it would be feasible to build the other modules.

So I would postulate that 1200 x 400 x 400 is the minimum size for an operational standard O gauge layout.

If there is only have one loco and a few wagons or a rail-bus this would seem one way forward to get something running with modest outlay

• 7 months later...

Oi turns up 'ere so I does, h'after a long ole day at the office, scans through this 'ere thread only ter find it's bin termiaytid!

So I gets hon that thred wha' tha' Guard (Sam I think 'e sed 'is name were) tells me ter, and h'it takes me to a funny place call' 'Birlston' or somin'. H'outrageous, I tells yer - they doesn't know 'ah ter run a bloomin' railway 'ere...

• 2 months later...

Minimum size all depends on view point.

A viewing of the jewel that is Brierly Canal Road might be worth mentioning being basically a right hand point and three pieces of track.

Scaling this up to suit Peco O-gauge set-track needs a baseboard (Boxfile?) of about 1200mm x 400mm x 400mm without chopping the set-track segments.

Building to O-gauge makes this a layout(?) that is right in ya face.

Operationally limited but a working Diorama/Cameo line to expand the potential it would be feasible to build the other modules.

So I would postulate that 1200 x 400 x 400 is the minimum size for an operational standard O gauge layout.

If there is only have one loco and a few wagons or a rail-bus this would seem one way forward to get something running with modest outlay

I'm about to give something very like it under way but with it's own twist and a second running line at high level to provide a distraction.

See my post  Walford Road for more details