We have opened this forum to post independent reviews of the products of Minerva Model Railways Ltd. Attached is the review of the recently released 0 gauge RTR  Peckett E Class 0-4-0ST locomotive published in the February edition of Hornby Magazine. It is posted here with the kind permission of Hornby Magazine/Key Publishing.

Hornby Magazine Minerva Peckett Review Feb 2016.pdf

Here is the Minerva Peckett Review that appeared in Edition 291 of Model Rail magazine. It is published with the permission of Model Rail/Bauer Media Group.

Please note that the length of the Peckett over buffers of 85.1mm shown in the article is wrong. It should read 171mm.

The Railway Modeller review of the Minerva Peckett  attached with the kind permission of Railway Modeller and PECO Publications and Publicity Ltd.

I noticed they said the frames were 6" to long, but this isn't something picked up on elsewhere.  Is this correct?  I have to say that whilst RM is a cracking mag, I've never really relied too heavily on some of their reviews for accuracy.

I noticed they said the frames were 6" to long, but this isn't something picked up on elsewhere.  Is this correct?  I have to say that whilst RM is a cracking mag, I've never really relied too heavily on some of their reviews for accuracy.

RM compared the model with the Ian Beattie drawing, which is inaccurate. Our drawings were taken from the original Peckett general arrangement drawings.

RM compared the model with the Ian Beattie drawing, which is inaccurate. Our drawings were taken from the original Peckett general arrangement drawings.

Will you be asking them to print an apology?  Its not the sort of mistake you want sullying such a good model!!

We have told RM about the mistake, but we are not excessively concerned as reviews are very quickly read and just as quickly forgotten. If the error was more serious we would have protested with more vigour.  If you look at the Model Rail review you will see in one of the dimensioned photos that the length of the model is shown as 85.1mm compared with the actual length of 171mm.  This is so self-evidently wrong that most readers will realise the error.  Nevertheless, attention to accuracy is and should be important.

I hope Chris doesn’t mind, I’ve just dropped a note on the performance of the Peckett under extreme Exhibition conditions on this thread,

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/108509-o-gauge-rtr-observations-on-ixion-Dapol-and-minerva-locos/

If you’re interested.

Peter

I picked it up last night Peter. Very interesting.

Chris

Archived