Hi, I'm looking for information about the First Great Western Motorail service that ran from Paddington to Penzance between 1999 and 2005, does anyone know what the trains consisted of or have any pictures? I'm pretty sure it was made up of the NVA Motorail vans, MK3 sleepers and MK2 and saloon/open coaches but I don't know in what numbers or what the formations were and really struggling to find pictures that illustrate it. Thanks

I shot some images of the Up train's consist at Exeter on the 01/04/06 after the Motorail vans had finished, I would have **thought** the formation was the same with the exception of a pair of the NVA vans - formation:

6724 (mk2d RMBF)
5737 (mk2d TSO)
9481 (mk2D BSOD)

I think one of the sleepers (10601 in this case) would have been added to the Up train/removed from the Down train in Plymouth at the time, so delete one of them if you are modelling the train in Cornwall.

I have shots from Aug 2005 in Cornwall, again minus the motorail vans, I didn't shoot the whole rake then but it is 3x Mk2 and 3x Mk3, so likely the equivalent formation to April 06.

Archived