Colas 70803 and wagons derailed at Ivybridge

Not a good week for Colas then. 60021 seemed to be on the floor thanks to catch points at Dalston yesterday!

Just seen a photo on Facebook

Ian

I had to check which Dalston as a I thought it might have been somewhere on the the North London Line which would have brought a few days of chaos.  :scratchhead: 

• RMweb Premium

I've just heard that 70803 and two wagons have derailed in an engineering possession at Ivybridge.  Don't know how accurate this is.

Fairly accurate, just come back from the site.

One wagon off plus loco.

• RMweb Gold

No trap points at this location, Mike.

The connection is controlled from a ground frame released by Carlisle box - and traps are certainly provided and can be seen under the loco. Are you getting your locations mixed up Captn ?

• RMweb Gold

The connection is controlled from a ground frame released by Carlisle box - and traps are certainly provided and can be seen under the loco. Are you getting your locations mixed up Captn ?

Yes, I got confused because I couldn't access the Flickr site and thought it was referring to Ivybridge.

• RMweb Premium

The loco is has been rerailed and is being moved to Tavistock junction, minus much of its front (and rear) end fittings.

Indeed.

A sterling effort by the re-railing gang and our men at Tavi in the track repairs saw the possession handed back about 30 minutes early at 01.30 (ish) Mon.

I must admit, I didn't think that would happen.

The loco worked to Tavi under its own power inside the possession last night but will need some repairs before onward movement.

All's well that ends well!

• RMweb Gold

Likewise thanks to all concerned in recovery and getting track passable. I was happily creating the XC train plan for no railway which was the NR Western Control advice to us up to 20.00  Sunday. - We would have had 3 sets trapped west and two booked to pass site ECS early hours Monday from Exeter- a get of jail card as it happens for service start up - but would have been out of service at BHM for fuel this would have seen two BHM - MAN returns cancelled while fueled and bought back into service - not pretty.

As it was full service from start up  until two GWR trains failed in Bristol area!

Hopefully crews all ok afterwards and the loco and wagons back in traffic before too long. I wonder if the bent on delivery 70 will supply parts?

ho hum

Robert  

I've seen a few pics of the loco at Tavistock, but none that I could share here, but finally found a couple on Flickr.
Looks like the frame at the leading end of the loco (when it collided with the rear of the other train) is a bit bent down. In the pics it is the one with the cowling removed
25140126050_9cd751253c.jpg
70803 tavistock yard 1-3-16 by Stephen Andrews on Flickr
25409570656_e436dc38dd.jpg
70803 tavistock yard 1-3-16 by Stephen Andrews on Flickr

Archived