Minerva Victory 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive

81A Oldoak

Oh dear the not getting back into O gauge collection is going to grow further, must remember to ask if my local supplier is going to stock it.

Minerva locos are only avaliable directly from us. We are taking advanced orders for the Kerr Stuart Victory with a discount offer until the end of Guuldex at Telford on Sunday 5th September. You can place an order by downloading, completing and sending us a copy by email or post of the order form at the link that follows. We will notify you when the loco has arrived and been tested before taking payment and dispatch. We expect this to be in early in December. As soon as stocks have arrived in the UK we will open an on-line buying option, but that will be at the full price. Feel free to call us on the numbers on the form or website for further information. 

https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Order-form-Victory-1.pdf

Regards,

Chris Klein

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

With all the issues with technology today, I'm not keen on sending a PDF over email with card details or, or trusting it to Royal Mail!  Is it acceptable to complete and hand to you at Doncaster? Im assuming you'll have a presence on Saturday?

Also, sorry if i've missed this elsewhere, but is the lined green livery the same/similar to the lined green Peckett?

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

• RMweb Gold

Thanks, but that one's for the Victory class, I was thinking of the Peckett.

Sorry Captrain,

Really must go to Specsavers! Arthur has posted the form I see, but you can also order online for the Minerva website for the Peckett's.

Rich

Edited by MarshLane

Peckett's can be purchased directly from our website. We will add the Victories to the on-line shop when they are in stock. We think the first fully operational engineering prototype has arrived in the UK, but is in the hands of HMRC. We are still hoping it might make it to Doncaster. I will post some photographs next week.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Peckett's can be purchased directly from our website. We will add the Victories to the on-line shop when they are in stock. We think the first fully operational engineering prototype has arrived in the UK, but is in the hands of HMRC. We are still hoping it might make it to Doncaster. I will post some photographs next week.

I hope HMRC don't drop it - it is a mighty looking thing judging from the passing glance I got of it at Railex.  How much does it weigh?

• RMweb Gold

Chris Basten will be at Doncaster and will have a stock of order forms. Look out for the Minerva/Dragon stand. sadly, I can't make it.

Chris

Good chat with Chris at Doncaster today - and order form duly handed over!

Rich

• RMweb Gold

Chris,

Sorry if I'm being impatient, just wondered if you'd managed to extract the Kerr Stuart from the modelling guys in HMRC? :)

Rich

Chris,

Sorry if I'm being impatient, just wondered if you'd managed to extract the Kerr Stuart from the modelling guys in HMRC? :)

Rich

Hi Rich

Yes it arrived in South Wales on Tuesday. I took some photos and have posted them onto the News section of our website, but it is now winging its way to deepest Hampshire for Chris K to take some better shots and post them here.

My first impressions are excellent, with so many small details included, but we are in the process of a full evaluation before we go for decorated samples. (I've done my bit, Chris K has a very discerning eye, and spots things that I miss!!!)

Hope this helps

Chris

The first full engineering prototype (EP) of the Minerva Model Railways 0 Gauge RTR Kerr Stuart "Victory" 0-6-0 tank locomotive has arrived from the factory. The first EP aims to test and prove the concept and design so changes are usually are inevitable e.g. on first viewing we want a full dart on the smoke box door and need to adjust the regulator lever. The casting for the footplate and bufferbeams also appear rough, but will be much neater on the production versions. Nevertheless, we are very pleased. The clip-fit brake rodding and simulated springs on the chassis keeper-plate have come out well. She weighs in at about 1.4kgs and should thus have no problems removing the skin from a British Army rice pudding.

The next stage is to finalise the liveries for the decorated samples, but we remain on schedule for delivery in time for Christmas 2016. We are taking advanced orders at a discounted price up to and including the 5th September 2016. The order form is at https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Order-form-Victory-1.pdf

Regards,

Chris B  and Chris K

post-13142-0-58000100-1465563014_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-95546600-1465563016_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-62794100-1465563019_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-72147900-1465563021_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-14624200-1465563025_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-26899200-1465563027_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-18005000-1465563030_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-48555000-1465563032_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-69859200-1465563034_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

• RMweb Gold

Hi Chris,

Looking at the pics on your website, before those above, it looks absolutely superb! Can't wait to see a fully decorated example. The work that goes into these things is unbelievable. Well done. I've ordered one, but if I decided on another can I ask you to amend the existing form or do you need a second one submitting?

Roll on Christmas!! (Not wishing away the summer however!)

Rich

Hi Chris,

Looking at the pics on your website, before those above, it looks absolutely superb! Can't wait to see a fully decorated example. The work that goes into these things is unbelievable. Well done. I've ordered one, but if I decided on another can I ask you to amend the existing form or do you need a second one submitting?

Roll on Christmas!! (Not wishing away the summer however!)

Rich

Rich,

Send us an email to sales@minervamodelrailways.co.uk asking for what you want and we will amernd the form; saves paper and ink and contributes to saving the planet.

Thanks

Chris

• Like 1

These things get better and better.... I particularly like the back-head!

The only thing I'm a little suspicious of is the front corners of the firebox cladding, which appears to be a little bevelled off, rather than ball-nosed (meaning this in the most positive attitude of constructive observation, I assure you!)

Best,

Giles

• RMweb Premium

Damn it...that looks so good...did they hold enough coal to get from South Wales to the Looe Valley Line? 

My proposed layout is going to have some very odd visiting stock if Minerva carries on like this!  :laugh: