Hornby Magazine April 2016

andyram

The latest issue has just dropped through my door. A little frustrated that, as a subscriber, I yet again do not get it until the day of release. This has now happened for several months in a row. After a quick skim through I will say it looks like a decent enough issue with some good looking layouts featured. The 24 hour "build a roundhouse" challenge will make interesting reading as will the article about developing realistic layouts on a traditional 6 x 4 baseboard.

Interesting to note that there is no mention that I can see of the current problems at Hornby - considering this is supposed to be an independent magazine I do wonder why.

• RMweb Gold

This id the first issue that I made a conscious decision not to buy. I have bought every issue from the start.

No more.

The content has not been that appealing , to me at least, for some time now but I still bought every issue out of habit.

In future I will only buy Hornby Magazine if there is a specific article of interest.

Rob

I do like the we'll show you how to build this superb roundhouse in 24 hours strap line on the front cover.

Maybe they should add the caveat but only if you've got £750 for the turntable and engine sheds.

I would think all told you must be looking at the best part of £1000 by the time it's complete .

Presumably why no costings were included.

Nik

I do like the we'll show you how to build this superb roundhouse in 24 hours strap line on the front cover.

Maybe they should add the caveat but only if you've got £750 for the turntable and engine sheds.

I would think all told you must be looking at the best part of £1000 by the time it's complete .

Presumably why no costings were included.

Nik

But did they really show you how to do it. Thought the article was pretty disappointing.

• RMweb Gold

In future I will only buy Hornby Magazine if there is a specific article of interest.

TBH I have been doing that some time for all the mags now - a quick nose in WHS and then download on the iPad. Whilst I don't subscribe to any, on average I seem to download one mag a month be it Hornby/BRM/RM/MR etc...

This month it was Oldshaw in its new format which was enough for me to hit the purchase button :good:

• RMweb Gold

I'm seriously considering to stop buying this mag' it's rapidly becoming a second RM with "Top Gear" syndrome boys with expensive toys £1000 on an engine shed project  PAH !!!, the project would have been ten times better had it been scatch built with cornflake packets and sticky backed plastic just like olden days. :nono:  

Archived