Finney7

dikitriki

Hi,

I am delighted to report that I am one of the new owners of Martin Finney's 7mm range of locomotive and tender kits and accessories.

I have spent today with Martin Finney and we have completed the purchase of his 7mm business, taking possession of the 7mm assets. I would like to record my thanks to Martin who has done his utmost to ensure a smooth transition.

The hard work now begins. We have to catalogue what we have and work out the order of events from here. You will appreciate that until this is done, I cannot announce which existing kits will be released or when. I will let you know as soon as I can.

The web site should be live in the next couple of weeks, and I am the point of contact.

I am attaching our press release below.

Richard

Finney7press release.pdf

• Like 10

Richard

The Finney kits could not be in better hands, with a proven master builder.  Who could forget your Finney A3 build here a few years back. That build drove me to completing my own A3

Ironic that you are currently building a Finney Duchess

Expanding and enhancing the range of kits and parts, I have to say this is great news for 7mm followers.

I wish you and your fellow colleagues every success with your new venture

Bob

Edited by Silverstreak

Richard

The Finney kits could not be in better hands, with a proven master builder.  Who could forget your Finney A3 build here a few years back. That build drove me to completing my own A3

Ironic that you are currently building a Finney Duchess

I have to say this is great news for 7mm followers

I wish you and your fellow colleagues every success with your new venture

Bob

Thank you Bob, and everyone else, for your kind words.

It's not entirely coincidental I am building a Finney Duchess - we need something to show on the trade stand and apart from being one of my favourite locos, it has serious 'wow' factor.

We shall be at Telford this year, and then all the Guild shows plus Reading (December) and Bristol (January) if we can get in, so come and say hello!

Richard

• Like 3

....It's not entirely coincidental I am building a Finney Duchess - we need something to show on the trade stand and apart from being one of my favourite locos, it has serious 'wow' factor....

Mmmm, hopefully the Brassmasters 4mm version will turn out as good. The test artwork on the website has considerable hints of Finney about it.

It will be nice to see the Finney stuff back at Telford. I will call in to put names to faces.

I, too, have enjoyed Dikitriki's builds...and still do.

Thank you Bob, and everyone else, for your kind words.

It's not entirely coincidental I am building a Finney Duchess - we need something to show on the trade stand and apart from being one of my favourite locos, it has serious 'wow' factor.

We shall be at Telford this year, and then all the Guild shows plus Reading (December) and Bristol (January) if we can get in, so come and say hello!

Richard

Congratulations Richard,

I'm thoroughly enjoying your Duchess build on WT.

I know it is really way too early to ask - but I will anyway! -

Will there be any chance of a Rebuilt Bulleid Light Pacific kit???  I'm sure many others would love to see this as well.

Kind Regards,

David Parkins

Very promising news. As others have indicated, I look forward to everything getting up and running and stock levels increasing (and then decreasing). Do keep us informed of developments by using this topic.

Congratulations Richard,

I'm thoroughly enjoying your Duchess build on WT.

I know it is really way too early to ask - but I will anyway! -

Will there be any chance of a Rebuilt Bulleid Light Pacific kit???  I'm sure many others would love to see this as well.

Kind Regards,

David Parkins

Thank you David,

I'd love to see a Rebuilt Bulleid Light Pacific in the range, but it's far too early to say whether it will happen. It's fair to say we have identified it as a possible, but that's got to be a medium term aspiration. At the moment we've got enough on our plates just sorting the existing range out.

Richard

Thank you David,

I'd love to see a Rebuilt Bulleid Light Pacific in the range, but it's far too early to say whether it will happen. It's fair to say we have identified it as a possible, but that's got to be a medium term aspiration. At the moment we've got enough on our plates just sorting the existing range out.

Richard

Fully Understand,

Thank You

....I'd love to see a Rebuilt Bulleid Light Pacific in the range, but it's far too early to say whether it will happen. It's fair to say we have identified it as a possible, but that's got to be a medium term aspiration. ....

What's wrong with the Dave Sharp/MOK one? Or was that a Rebuilt MN?

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

Excellent news that you and your colleagues have bought the business! Looking forward to spending my pocket money soon!! As long as you bring the original West Country Pacific back soon!! Please!!!!

Fantastic news, well done Richard.

Another vote for the Original Bulleid Light Pacific...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi,

I am pleased to advise that we have now commenced production of the first 5 kits from the Finney7 range.

They are the M7, T3, Radial Tank, Duchess, and Bulleid Light Pacific, together with the appropriate tenders. There are still a few production hurdles to be overcome, but we expect the first kits to be available in the next 8 - 12 weeks. These will be available in fairly limited quantities, and prices will be posted in due course as soon as we are able to do so.

The first new Finney7 kit will be the W1 in rebuilt form. This will have a resin casing, and we will have pre-production material available for inspection at Guildex.

The web-site has been updated with prototype and model information, and we shall add further items as we can, It is our intention that all instructions, detailed pictures of contents, and photographs of builds are available for all kits. It is, however, going to take time to work our way through all the material, so keep an eye on the site for updates.

Richard Lambert

• Like 1