Classic Trains of Leamington

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold

Just a mention of this model shop in Leamington.Saw them at Churchrail today and they had the new BR Castle for £94.Don't always assume the big two are the best.Great service too.

Just a satisfied customer.Usual disclaimer.

• RMweb Gold

Just a mention of this model shop in Leamington.Saw them at Churchrail today and they had the new BR Castle for £94.Don't always assume the big two are the best.Great service too.

Just a satisfied customer.Usual disclaimer.

I think that's about the 'market price' for a 'Castle' isn't it Rob? Godfrey (Replica Railways) was offering both the currently available 'Castles' at Abingdon today at £ 94.95 - guess who gave into temptation ;) (and no, that was not for 'Ince' as I already have that on order elsewhere :blink: ).

Mind you there was someone there selling various (not the most recent, but within the last year) Hornby locos at well below the usual level of prices, shame he didn't have any coaches.

• 8 years later...

This is my local model shop, I have to say I'm always satisfied with the prices and service.  It is a smaller shop so might not have the stock levels of Hattons or Rails but prices are usually on a par with the bigger retailers with the added bonus (if you are local) that you can see things before you buy.  There's also a selection of second hand items, a few books and other bits and pieces.

Well worth a visit if you're in Leamington Spa.

Archived