Irish Railway Models Cement Bubble Wagon

• RMweb Gold

Guys,

How much would postage be for sending two bubble packs to Australia? Im sure a few on here would like to know.

Rgds

John

Hi John,

When I’m back in the country and the office tomorrow I’ll get a quote and let you know if that’s okay?

The mix of orange and ivory bubbles would have occured during a 3-4 year period from 79/80 to 83.

• RMweb Gold

Guys,

How much would postage be for sending two bubble packs to Australia? Im sure a few on here would like to know.

Rgds

John

Hi John,

We are looking at this quite closely at the moment. Posting from Ireland to Australia (untracked through the post) is working out around €20 currently and around €27 for tracked. We are working to get that price down as much as possible, but postage is generally expensive from Dublin! VAT of course would be deducted before dispatch, which is 23% here. 

Cheers,

Fran

Just weathered some more of the superb IRM cement bubble wagons

IMG_4374.jpg

Added some texture material using Mr Surfacer 500 to simulate caked cement dust.

IMG_4379.jpg

These are the finest model rail wagons I've ever ran.  There are so many detail parts one has to be careful weathering them.  There are microscopic parts I'd never even noticed before, just a sublime level of detailing.  Glad my novice weathering didn't destroy them.

IMG_4377.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Lovely mixed rake there Keith, looks great!

Bubble pack B is about to join its sister pack A in our back catalogue as our stock is beginning to run quite low. Make sure you don't miss out on it before it goes, as the run will not be repeated. It contains the unique ivory liveried bubble which had the 'bulk cement' lettering akin to the orange bubbles which it kept from 1980 all the way up to its withdrawal in 2009. (my personal favourite variation of all the bubbles!)

Almost 77% of the entire ivory and orange cement bubble run now sold out they all wont hang around for long!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-08857000-1521825352_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone,

I know it's Tara season but the bubbles are still bouncing out the door and we're at 80% sold out so far across the ivory and orange bubbles. If you're thinking of getting another set to add to the rake or still thinking about taking the plunge our advice is not to wait around too long. The ballasts went within a year of landing and these sold even quicker. It seems some of you are buying a second rake, for weathering perhaps like the one our friend Tony Mirolo did above? smile.png

We will have them on sale at Wexford show next weekend and should have some left for Bangor (hopefully!)

There will also be a pack of orange bubbles on display on the Model Rail Baseboard stand at Ally Pally this weekend (with the preproduction Accurascale HUO!), stand no 98 if anyone wants a closer look!

Cheers,

Fran

Edited by 071
  • Like 4

Hi Fran,

I'd like to get another set of these gorgeous bubbles (set C or D) and am happy to pay now but would like to collect at Bangor Show - sadly that option does not seem to be available on the shop site... or am I just not looking in the right place?

Hope you can help,

Tom

• RMweb Gold

Hi Fran,

I'd like to get another set of these gorgeous bubbles (set C or D) and am happy to pay now but would like to collect at Bangor Show - sadly that option does not seem to be available on the shop site... or am I just not looking in the right place?

Hope you can help,

Tom

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for that. 

If you select 'pick up from IRM Warehouse' at the checkout and write a note that you would like to pick them up at the Bangor show that will work for you. Just bring the email confirmation with you to the show and we can hand them over to you.

DM me if you have any problems.

Cheers!

Fran

• RMweb Gold

post-7114-0-72113500-1522332161_thumb.jpg

We all remember those dark days when we would use the contents of a well known chocolate egg as the body for homemade cement bubbles. Thankfully, those days are gone, and to celebrate we are doing a very special sale this weekend on all 5 packs of remaining bubbles, both online and at the Wexford Model Railway Club Easter Exhibition.

2 packs: €225 discount code: 2easter2018 (save €25!)
3 packs: €340 discount code: 3easter2018 (save €35!)
4 packs: €450 discount code: 4easter2018 (save €50!)
5 packs: €550 discount code: 5easter2018 (save €75!)

You must include the correct discount code for the amount of packs you are buying. Simply put it in at the checkout to receive the discount. We will be selling bubbles at the Wexford show at this price and can accept cash and all major credit cards at the show. 

This can be made up of any permutations of bubble packs B, C, D, E and F you wish to do. 

This egg-cellent deal begins at 9am on Good Friday and finishes midinight Easter Monday. Don't miss out on this great bargain! www.irishrailwaymodels.com/shop

Having taken the plunge and ordered a couple of packs this weekend, curious as to any knowledge about the following:

i) when was the last definitive sighting of an orange bubble?

ii) from which year approx. did they operate without brake vans?

Really looking forward to these.

John in Tasmania

• 8 months later...

All this talk and kerfuffle over that infernal Deltic, I finally got my cement bubbles weathered and collected them today. The house restoration has progressed enough that I can retreat to the loft now, even if there's still a way to go. Anyways the bubble look fantastic, a couple of vids with an IE 078 hauling them away (Please excuse the lighting). Only six CIE shown here but I have fifteen altogether in different liveries.

Mark

Youtube video

Another Youtube video

post-30088-0-48232300-1544215438_thumb.jpg

post-30088-0-55086800-1544215452_thumb.jpg

post-30088-0-30328900-1544215464_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Since we havent announced something new for about 20 minutes, and because there are many Irish outline modellers who are crying out for some after they missed the first batch, we have announced a new run of cement bubbles which are due in stock at the end of May. 

First up is the as delivered livery of grey. These will go well with our forthcoming green, black and black and tan A classes, black and tan 141s and 121s and even early supertrain, as they ran from the mid 1960s to to early 1970s both in block trains and in mixed goods. They would be mixed with orange bubbles in the early 1970s too, which we have previously done.

1.jpg.0576d591bba7339ae587b9a3c34bf68c.jpg

2.jpg.492d088a235664d73ddf028566279c81.jpg

3.jpg.d0c4c3881c7ec973d638a901f8b0af86.jpg

4.jpg.3f49cff11be6f6d0f80be083fbb524de.jpg

5.jpg.9077f9479f0b7cc75d323bcab80d8cc4.jpg

There are two packs of grey, all with different running numbers. 

On top of that, we were very fortunate recently to find three new running numbers of bubbles with Irish Cement branding, so we are doing a new run of them too. Considering the originals sold out in 9 days, this new pack will supplement them and prove to be just as popular.

1251082938_ICBubbles.jpg.1b56ccded02434da87aab6aa8094b7e1.jpg

We are also doing an additional ivory pack with CIE branding, which is good from 1980-2008, mixes with previous releases of ivory bubbles and the Irish Cement bubbles, and of course the orange bubbles in the twilight years of that livery, so very useful!

All packs are €125, with any 4 for €450 and can be pre-ordered on our website now: https://irishrailwaymodels.com/collections/cement-bubbles

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...