Roberval & Saguenay 15

844fan

Hey all,

Been gone for ages and I'm sorry for that. i have a bad habit of jumping from one thing to another rather easily and right now my modeling of locos can't happen for real rails. But I am still doing art and getting into 3D modeling so I still need help on finding some things.

Anyway I'm looking for more info on this saddle tank from my neighbor to the north.  Roberval & Saguenay 15 has been a fascinating tank engine from the first time I saw it. But for my current project I need more info on her. 

pictures%5C69969%5CRS15%200-4-2%20Chicou

(Hope it's ok to link this image. I'll remove if not.)

But for my current project involving Locomotives I need to know more about her. Like how long she is from coupling to coupling, Her driving wheels size, Her height from rail to funnel top, and her Cylinder size. So I thought I'd ask around here see if anyone knew anything about her. You guys have always been helpful in the past so heres hoping we can work together again.

Take care everyone,

844fan

• 10 months later...

I'm not sure where to find dimensions*, but what I can say is that the loco was built as a 65-ton 0-4-0T at the Montreal Locomotive Works in 1923.  It was one of a batch of five, built for the Quebec Development Co. (no. 104) under order number Q-319 and works number 64710.  It became Alcan no. 104 in 1928.  I don't have a date for the rebuilding.

*Are you able to visit and take measurements?

I'm not sure where to find dimensions*, but what I can say is that the loco was built as a 65-ton 0-4-0T at the Montreal Locomotive Works in 1923.  It was one of a batch of five, built for the Quebec Development Co. (no. 104) under order number Q-319 and works number 64710.  It became Alcan no. 104 in 1928.  I don't have a date for the rebuilding.

*Are you able to visit and take measurements?

Well that is some new info at the very least. I knew she had started life as a 0-4-0 but I did not know she had brothers/sisters so now I know she wasn't a one off.

Unfortunately I am not able to visit her as I live in southern Illinois and can not afford a trip up to any of the provenances of Canada. I hope to one day but as of now no. 

Archived